Announcement Forum rules acceptance reset for all users due to a software update

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dear Orbinauts,

Don't panic if you were just asked to accept the forum rules again. As part of an update to our forum software, all members acceptance of the forum rules had to be reset. This means you will be redirected to the rules page the first time you attempt to view a thread on the forum so that you can physically check the "I agree" box.

The actual rules have not changed, so there is nothing new you need to worry about reading. Unfortunately, the updated software required us to reset the acceptance for all users.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a part of the community!

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Here I was analyzing the rules trying to find the change :lol: Regardless, thanks for the notification!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here I was analyzing the rules trying to find the change :lol: Regardless, thanks for the notification!
Excellent, they aren't on to our plan...Erm, I mean, no, they're exactly the same...nothing hidden...move along... :shifty:

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
and sometimes it will ask you 3 times to accept the rules......

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
and sometimes it will ask you 3 times to accept the rules......

It shouldn't have... more info please. Browser? What were you doing when it happened? What pages did you visit etc? We haven't gotten any reports of it asking others 3 times. :shrug:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
It asked me about 15 times, but that was because I'd opened 15 tabs with different threads in it before realising there were new rules to be accepted...

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It asked me about 15 times, but that was because I'd opened 15 tabs with different threads in it before realising there were new rules to be accepted...

Thanks for the info. Indeed that would happen if you have the tabs all opened at the time the acceptance was reset.

EDIT - And to clarify, there are no new rules, it was a software update which unfortunately required us to reset the acceptance for all users.

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I was having issues with my work pc anyway today - it kept refusing passwords and many other annoying little things.