Gaming FSX

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If it isn't a problem that I can't use ATC because I don't have a microphone, I'll join the game.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I hope you guys don't sound like this while playing...

ATC

For some reason, I have a hard time distinguishing radio chatter.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can host one at 10:00 PM today (GMT) Memphis Intl in adventures lobby.

Can't come (as you probably noticed by my not being there), working on a project that's due at midnight. Sorry.

Won't be able to get on this weekend either, what with graduation and all. Maybe next weekend.

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
Anyone can come now if they would like, it is in free flight, (ATC@ Los Angeles)

Mochtet ihr jetzt kommen? Du muss Englisch sprechen. Is that grammatically correct?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I would like to join, but I alway get disconnected in the free flight lobby, because there are so many games.

Mochtet ihr jetzt kommen? Du muss Englisch sprechen. Is that grammatically correct?

Thats correct (But it has to be musst, not muss).

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
so is it ich muss, du musst, er/es/sie must? By the way, is there any way to make my session visible to more people? no one I invited could connect.

Star explorer

Reaction score
I hope you guys don't sound like this while playing...

ATC

For some reason, I have a hard time distinguishing radio chatter.

i have no idea what they were saying in that video. cant they speak oh i dont know LIKE HUMAN BEINGS

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I would like to join, but I alway get disconnected in the free flight lobby, because there are so many games.

One trick I've found to work (but it may just be voodoo) is when logging in to the free flight lobby, to click frantically on some part of the FSX login page where there are no buttons (like in the lower right, to the right of where the network ID entry fields were).

Re: the ATC video: keep in mind that you're witnessing this without context. As a pilot, you know what you're doing, and you know about what to expect from the tower. You're not trying to understand them out of the blue, you're just confirming that they're saying "cleared to land" instead of "enter right traffic pattern ..." etc.

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
I'm seeing it: *glimpse and gesture of vision* Orbita (so it don't sounds cliche with "Orbiter") Airlines!

Concorde Commander: "...here Concorde, flight 553, asks permission for landing..."

Orbita Airlines ATC: "...Orbita Arlines's ATC, permission not granted. We are expecting a Shuttle from South-West at any moment. So give 4 rounds to Earth then came back...."

Hum... Thinking better it wouldn't be a good idea... specially because I can't pronounce the "i" between "A" and "R" correctly so it sounds more like "ar" or "aer".
:rofl:

Cobalt

Reaction score
I'm seeing it: *glimpse and gesture of vision* Orbita (so it don't sounds cliche with "Orbiter") Airlines!

Concorde Commander: "...here Concorde, flight 553, asks permission for landing..."

Orbita Airlines ATC: "...Orbita Arlines's ATC, permission not granted. We are expecting a Shuttle from South-West at any moment. So give 4 rounds to Earth then came back...."

Hum... Thinking better it wouldn't be a good idea... specially because I can't pronounce the "i" between "A" and "R" correctly so it sounds more like "ar" or "aer".
:rofl:
Pshaw, we could use two runways. =P

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm going to host a session right now in Adventures for practicing formation flight. I highly recommend
http://www.neotechgaming.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8767&mode=threaded&pid=30314
It's what I'll be flying, and I don't want everyone else to see it replaced by the F/A-18.

-----Post Added-----

I decided to cancel th session, since no one showed up

Sorry I couldn't make it. My desktop has already moved to Houston, and I wasn't able to get on Orbiter-Forum here anyway (the RAM thing, apparently) so I didn't know about it.

Most people probably wouldn't see that replaced by the F/A-18. I tend to see fighters replaced by a Learjet, so that's probably what would happen. I don't know what the heuristic for the substitution is, but I know that it doesn't work that well, since if I install the aircraft carrier that can be used in multiplayer it starts being substituted for almost everything and I end up with a lot of flying aircraft carriers.