OHM FTL JumpDrive Sounds

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Just a small group of files to enhance the "FTL Jump" experience with Jon Marcure's fabulous Battlestar Galactica add-on (which you MUST have already downloaded, or this wouldn't really be worth squat), to which I'm grateful to be a contributing author. You may visit his fantastic Galactica site ~ chocked full of add-ons and discussion of all-things-Galactica ~ here at: www.yankeeclippersmobile.com/Orbiter/ Extract this "Sound.zip" folder to the Orbiter folder (where the "Orbiter.exe" resides). This will replace only the existing sounds for BOTH versions of the Battlestar Galactica offered by Jon and I (reduced thrust, and super-thrust models). It's safe to replace all files since the ORIGINAL FTL sounds are included as well, listed as "Copy of ". If for any reason you don't like these wave files (gosh, why WOULDN'T you?), simply delete the filenames NOT beginning with "Copy of ", and RENAME those remaining file WITHOUT the "Copy of " filenames. If you're not completely understanding these instructions, simply make a copy of your .../Orbiter/Sound directory BEFORE you replace it with my files. If you don't like 'em, rewrite your saved ...Orbiter/Sound directory right back over them, squashing them to hell. Enjoy. I find these sounds to be both mellifluous, series-specific, and appropriate for enhancing the FTL jump experience. And, yes, I had several martinis. Would YOU FTL-Jump without one? Cheers, and enjoy!

[ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3418]More...[/ame]

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:rofl:
Why yes, yes I would !
These new sounds work great for ALL RTF Jump capable craft.
I replaced all my fleet ship sounds with the upgrade.
:cheers:

ZCochrane

Reaction score
I'm working on a beaut of a movie which highlights the sights, sounds, effects (and maybe smells, lol) of our little (but growing) flotilla of ships in the Ragtag Fleet, and am in the process of souping up the effects for the Aries (Space Park), Raptor, Colonial One, etc.... now, would it be necessary for me to update the Sound Folders for each FTL-capable craft, or could I reasonably expect users to copy/paste what they needed themselves? Actually, I think I should update, nevermind - wasn't thinking of the newly-arrived Orbiteers.

Anyway, should be a lot of fun. OT, I just downloaded the final episode of BSG so far - to be continued in January 2009, crappy news to me - and ported it over to my miniature A/V player (a Phillips SA5245 BT, cute little damned thing with a 2.8" screen. I'll be able to watch under the covers while my girlfriend snores, LOL). In the meantime, tonight I'll watch it again with her (I totally hooked her with the series) after I burn it to DVD and watch it on the big-screen. EXCELLENT cliff-hanger those bastards made, wasn't it?

Warmly,
ZCochrane

Last edited: