Search Fully working capsule?

laukejas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm frustrated as I cannot find a realistic UMMU/UCGO capable capsule for LEO operations with reentry capability.

I tried SpaceX Dragon - it has major problems with reentry predictions, also kills astronauts on the side.
Antares capsule - doesn't allow EVA after reentry, also some other problems.
Pegase capsule - would be perfect, absolutely neat, but also doesn't allow EVA after reentry.

The main problem is the reentry. Somehow developers don't see any reason why would an astronaut exit his reentry vehicle after touchdown.

Is there any similar capsule that allows UMMU to exit it after touchdown?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ever tried the Apollo CSM in AMSO?

Is not Ummu. I also wanted to post this.

Also the Soyuz TMA of Thorton is Ummu compatible, but does also not allow EVA after landing I think.

I see a lack there... why not specify the requirements in the add-on request forum and let a few developers tackle it, after all, why just one capsule, if there could be multiple different by different teams.

If somebody can mesh what I can design, I could also code one candidate, I like that kind of challenge.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Me and ky have Boeing CST-100 in the works, Summer is [getting them] *?? that doesn't mean anything ->* coming and I'm going to have more free time for that.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Me and ky have Boeing CST-100 in the works, Summer is [getting them] *?? that doesn't mean anything ->* coming and I'm going to have more free time for that.
I'm starting to work on the VC of the CST, hopefully I'll have something to send you by the end of July or sooner.

laukejas

Reaction score
Happy to hear that. In the meantime, is there some way to get UMMU out of standard capsules (like the Pegases, which is nearly perfect) in some non-standard way, like with some MFD, or scenario edit?

laukejas

Reaction score
I just checked scenario - Pegases doesn't even include UMMU after service module separation..........

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Pardon the shameless self-promotion but my Apollo CSM, though still a work in progress, is fully UMMU compatible.

picture.php

picture.php

See my sig for a link to the development thread and download location.

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pegase is nice, but unfortunately it breaks quite a bit when flown in the D3D9 client. Antares, you can at least open the hatch, never even crossed my mind to send the guys out of their capsule after landing, have you tried both water and ground landing?

Shuttle Fleet allows you to egress the crew after landing. Not a capsule, but it is the Space Shuttle, and thus superior to capsules in every single imaginable way. :)

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Shuttle Fleet allows you to egress the crew after landing. Not a capsule, but it is the Space Shuttle, and thus superior to capsules in every single imaginable...

Horse-pucky

there's no re-entry like ballistic re-entry.

:bailout:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pegase is nice, but unfortunately it breaks quite a bit when flown in the D3D9 client. Antares, you can at least open the hatch, never even crossed my mind to send the guys out of their capsule after landing, have you tried both water and ground landing?

Shuttle Fleet allows you to egress the crew after landing. Not a capsule, but it is the Space Shuttle, and thus superior to capsules in every single imaginable way. :)

Yeah, Antares seems to be the best, most fully functional capsule out there ATM.

I totally forgot that you can egress the crew post landing in the shuttle. I should start doing more post landing operations. :hmm: