Gemini Lunar Lander

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This would require a new version of Gemini; the real plan would have modified the Gemini capsule significantly. One version of this plan would have put two men on the lunar surface in a simple direct ascent flight plan with no orbital rendezvous. The guy who writes in astronautix is pretty opinionated about Apollo being an expensive and risky mistake by NASA...

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This would require a new version of Gemini; the real plan would have modified the Gemini capsule significantly. One version of this plan would have put two men on the lunar surface in a simple direct ascent flight plan with no orbital rendezvous. The guy who writes in astronautix is pretty opinionated about Apollo being an expensive and risky mistake by NASA...
Notice the UFO DNA on the side of the website :dry:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Notice the UFO DNA on the side of the website :dry:

I wasn't criticizing the website. It's actually the only site of its kind on the web that I know of, browse it for five minutes and you'll easily waste five hours. So much space history, it's as bad as going to Orbit Hangar and htting the refresh button over and over again...you just can't quit.

Graham2001

Reaction score
I wasn't criticizing the website. It's actually the only site of its kind on the web that I know of, browse it for five minutes and you'll easily waste five hours. So much space history, it's as bad as going to Orbit Hangar and htting the refresh button over and over again...you just can't quit.

Agreed, there's an interesting variant on the Gemini Lunar circumnavigation mission Sputnik did a while back.

http://www.astronautix.com/craft/gemstage.htm

With a bit of tweeking this could be done using Velcro Rockets.

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Yeah, i used to have that one, but it kept crashing for strange reasons... and if i've got it right, it didn't involve any landing?