Project GenericVessel 140205, the SC3 open-source replacement

romanasul

Reaction score
Is it possible to call out the same vessel just by changing the name through scenario editor. I have defined a .cfg file with ClassName = Galaxy3R; Module = genericvessel
but it crashes everytime i try to load it with a different name.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it possible to call out the same vessel just by changing the name through scenario editor. I have defined a .cfg file with ClassName = Galaxy3R; Module = genericvessel
but it crashes everytime i try to load it with a different name.

It is definitely possible, but first: what version of genericvessel do you talk about?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I am using 140205, the testing version.

I see, so you are using the second way in Artlav's documentation. Did you also change the entries in the scenario file to point to that CFG instead of the first way's "spacecraft\spacecraft3" or "spacecraft\genericvessel"?

romanasul

Reaction score
I see, so you are using the second way in Artlav's documentation. Did you also change the entries in the scenario file to point to that CFG instead of the first way's "spacecraft\spacecraft3" or "spacecraft\genericvessel"?

Yes I did, if I load the vessel from the scenario editor while using the original name it works fine but I if use a different one it crashes. It's basically behaving like spacecraft3.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes I did, if I load the vessel from the scenario editor while using the original name it works fine but I if use a different one it crashes. It's basically behaving like spacecraft3.

Well, this scenario worked fine in my versions. For Artlav's, I guess he has to lead the debugging.

romanasul

Reaction score
Well, this scenario worked fine in my versions. For Artlav's, I guess he has to lead the debugging.

I figured out what the problem was, i placed the .cfg file in vessels/satellites (I made my own folder), if i place it in the vessels directory it works without problems.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Is there some way to make it work from the subfolder? I like to organize everything in a folder to make it easier to use.