OHM Glider for O2016 V1.00

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: zachary77

So, O2016 is out with wonderful terrain. Problem is, whizzing past at >Mach 1 makes it hard to sightsee. Addons-wise, we have lots of spacecraft, some fast aircraft, a few slow props (thanks Kev33) and basically no unpowered aircraft. With that in mind, I've developed a glider for low and slow trips across mountain ranges.

Features:

• Glide ratio 70:1
  • Stable at 10x time acc.
  • Ballast to fine-tune glide speed
  • New touchdown points fully supported
  • Flaps (8 stages, positive/negative)
  • Jet engine for powered flight
  • Thermal support
  • Variometer
  • Auto-trim for hands-off flight
  • HUD readouts for flaps, auto-trim and vert. speed
  • Damage model
  • Warning sounds
  • Open-source, under GNU GPL
It requires XRSound to work. D3D9 client recommended. See manual in Doc/Glider for information on this addon.

Happy soaring,
zachary77

DOWNLOAD

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi zachary77.
Nice addon, appreciate the little subtleties.
Good work, thanks. :thumbup:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's a pretty funny chat popup on the lower-right corner of the screenshot on OrbitHangar -- was that intended? :p

Marijn

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the original: http://www.psr-jet-system.com/___040_common/20170708_asw27-j.jpg

I bought the 3D model I gave you more than 10 years ago. My plan was to re-texture it so it would match the stripings of a real ASW27 glider owned by a friend. I wanted to create pictures like my avatar here on the left. It never came to that because I didn't have the skills. So I am happy the model has been finally put to some good use.

In the meantime, both the model and the real ASW27 got a jet-engine. The real one is retractable.

Note the German registration and flag. Many Dutch glider pilots fly German registered gliders because it's a bit easier and cheaper to have the gliders maintained and checked in Germany.