Tutorial Great Apollo Earth to Moon Video Tutorial

Torgo

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a tutorial as much as a 'this is how I did it.' video. I had to stop watching during video 4 when he was trying to dock the CM to the LM. Let's just burn that main engine to dock!

I think the creator of the videos does have the ability to do a really nice set of true tutorials if he wants to, but this series isn't it. He just needs to invest the time into learning why he's pressing buttons, not just what buttons he needs to press, and then explain that to his audience.

thesnorkle

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a tutorial as much as a 'this is how I did it.' video. I had to stop watching during video 4 when he was trying to dock the CM to the LM. Let's just burn that main engine to dock!

I think the creator of the videos does have the ability to do a really nice set of true tutorials if he wants to, but this series isn't it. He just needs to invest the time into learning why he's pressing buttons, not just what buttons he needs to press, and then explain that to his audience.
Hey there Torgo,

Thanks for the advice. A lot of the things I did were due to constraints in time. I've put up a rather quick DG-to-ISS tutorial if you're interested. It's hard to be able to explain everything I do in those videos, as youtube has a 10 minute time limit, and splitting the tutorials into even more videos would probably take a great amount of time for people to follow.

I'm currently working on an Apollo Lunar Landing tutorial, but everything is explained the same way as in the last video, save for docking. I'll admit that using the SM engine to dock was real stupid, but again, the time I'd have to take in order to explain the linear thrusters and whatnot could not just fit into the 10 minute limit, and believe me I tried. I'll likely split docking into two videos next time.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for the advice. I'm just a beginner and I just thought it'd be fun to share what I learn with others.

Nikola.

kklaudis

Reaction score
Hey, thesnorklemonkey ím also thankful for that increible tutorial from the earth to the moon.
One idea you could go to mars with the mission Oportunity.

Bye and good luck thesnorklemonkey

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
I've put up a rather quick DG-to-ISS tutorial if you're interested. It's hard to be able to explain everything I do in those videos, as youtube has a 10 minute time limit, and splitting the tutorials into even more videos would probably take a great amount of time for people to follow.

How many people know that there is a 15min time limit? I am a youtube user that looked at it. We do have 15min max.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
How many people know that there is a 15min time limit? I am a youtube user that looked at it. We do have 15min max.

There wasn't when he posted his last post in this thread on May 31, 2010. Back then, my account was limited to 10min as well.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well Youtube's audience is a lot bigger. It gives me a better chance to expose people to spaceflight and how wonderful it really is.
Youtube has a large audience, yes, but its members tend to be a little on the, um, unenthusiastic side when it comes to spaceflight discussions... :hide:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Exposing people to spaceflight is a double-edged idea... with or without the suit, that is the question? Maybe 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the gees and weightlessness...