Hello everyone! An introduction and question about available mods.

primarch1

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd just like to introduce myself and ask a question.

My name's dave, from the UK, and I've been a user of orbiter since the early days, took quite a while for me to learn it, but I can now navigate a craft quite well and take it on interplanetary journies.

My favorite combination is the UCGO freighter Arrow, and The Altea XR fleet. I usually use the XR2 Ravenstar as the go to ship for ferrying crew and equipment up to the arrow in orbit, and have created a number of scenarios that involve arrow crew rotation, and establishing a colony on europa, the XR2 takes off to reach the arrow in orbit, the arrow then moves to the moon, and the XR2 lands at armstrong base, my favorite lunar expansion, and deploys a landing beacon so the arrow can land on the large landing pad of the base and be loaded up with the cargo modules to establish the colony. one of my favorite parts is landing the arrow by homing in on the landing beacon and engaging the auto land autopilot.

I still use orbiter 2010, as the newer one , as i understand it, still isn't compatible with the arrow.

but I just had a question, is there such a thing as a UCGO compatible space station that the arrow itself can dock to. it would be fictional like the arrow of course, but I love the idea of the arrow itself docking to a large space station to take on supplies, kind of like a starbase from star trek.

yes it can dock to the ISS but that doesn't have the same effect considering the arrow is about 3 times the size of the ISS!

I just wondered, does such a station exist? can anyone recommend one. unfortunatley I have no skill in 3d modelling so such a thing is beyond my abilities to create.

Thanks all, and happy flying!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There's a really big dock that was made for the Vespucci here [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=491"]Just a moment...[/ame]

This looks pretty similar [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=491"]Just a moment...[/ame]

Both are for older versions of Orbiter, you may have to play around with them to get them compatible with 2016. I seem to remember someone working on a station specifically for the Arrow, but I could be mistaken.

primarch1

Reaction score
That's brilliant. that looks like a dry dock, that's exactly what I was looking for. Cheers mate! we'll see how it works with the arrow.