Hello, Everyone!

Bendarr

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm relatively new to Orbiter. I'm flailing around, but I'm having a blast as I do so. There are times when I'll succumb to the "What happens when I try this?" mode. That's where half the fun is at times.I've posted in a couple of threads and now have a couple of blog entrys, so I figure I'd better introduce myself. Typical of me at times. leap right in and then say hello afterward. :lol:

Catchya around!

Dambuster

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums!

Your blog posts have been very entertaining so far - they're great fun to read! :) And I thoroughly agree with your method of teaching yourself about this sim ;)

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to the forum! :cheers:

preacherzero

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums bro :thumbup:

I see you're approaching Orbiter in a similar fashion to myself :cheers:
My team are soon going to be broke from being sued by test pilots widows.:lol:

Call around to the hanger sometime and we'll crash a few XR5s and have a few beers (probably not in that order.):tiphat:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
:welcome: Have fun !!

Nazban

Reaction score
:cheers: lolz im also new to the orbiter simulator and i find it pretty cool:thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome on board! Please make sure your seat and tray table are in the upright position and fasten your seat belt. :welcome:

unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome! You of course are learning Orbiter in the best way possible: crash things and find out why :p. I suggest that you spend some book time however in the forum's tutorial section to begin understanding the physics and mechanics behind Orbital maneuvers. Personally, the real fun is in wanting to do something, and being able to do it because I can put the correct procedures in order. Many orbiters want to do something brand new and exotic, and they try to find a tutorial on how to do it! That will only get you so far of course, so make sure you read and play! At the same time if you must! Also, feel free to PM me or any of the other experienced orbiters on the forum for any and all help! Happy Orbiting!

Bendarr

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies!
@Unknown_orbiter If you read my second blog entry (yo - yo ride redux) you'll notice that I managed to circularize the orbit. How to do it I learned that with help from you. So oh yeah, if I find myself in a jam, I'll come a knocking.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, Bendarr! I'm new too, and it also took me this long to start an introductory thread (maybe great minds think alike? ;) ). I'm in the same 'try stuff until cool stuff happens' phase of orbital development, and it's as fun as you said it is. Cheers to you!