Hello from Japan

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
Hello everyone!:tiphat:

I started playing Orbiter a few years ago. I like playing any kind of space games including Homeworld, FreeSpace and Orbiter.

I decided to join this forum as Japanese Orbiter community is seemingly dead. And I couldn't find anyone who is playing Orbiter in Japan...

English is not my mother tongue. I can read English comments and articles but I can't speak or write in English well. Sorry if I make some mistakes.

I watched David Courtney's absolute beginner videos and it helps me a lot. Now I'm making my own tutorial video for Japanese audiences on nicovideo. http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/48171725
I really hope to see more Japanese people playing Orbiter. This game is fantastic.

Regards,
Nikogori

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to Orbiter-Forum!

I'm not Japanese (I was born in the Philippines), but I love the Japanese virtual singer "Hatsune Miku," and most of my add-ons are inspired by her.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

No worries about the language barrier. I assure you that your English is better than my Japanese.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We here at Orbiter Forum have often wondered why there are so few Japanese members here, given that Japan is a spacefaring nation. So welcome!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There was another Japanese member I can remember, Tansoku-102cm. He even made add-ons for Orbiter.

But he hasn't been here since February 2013.

There's also a member named takao47, but they only made one post. I don't know if there are any others.

Nikogori, have you seen or read Space Brothers (宇宙兄弟)?

Last edited:

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
Thank you for your warm welcome.

Pipcard, I've flown with your beautifully crafted Hatsune Miku XR2 and I love it. I don't know much about vocaloids, though.

Sorry, I haven't watched Space Brothers. There are too many animes to watch these days... Makoto Yukimura's Planetes is my favorite comic but I've never seen anime series.

It seems many Japanese Orbiter players have lost interest and moved to something different. I believe language was the main reason for them. They can't read tutorials, they can't ask questions. I want to help others so that they can enjoy flying in space with Orbiter.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
(using my extremely broken Japanese) ようこそオービターへ! (Welcome to Orbiter!) :tiphat:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I watched some of your videos. You seem quite experienced. You have already found some great add-ons. Your English is fine. I think you will do well here. :cheers:

DanishOrbinaut

Almost on advanced level
Reaction score
Welcome to O-F, my friend! :hello:

If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. There will always be people here, ready to help, including myself.

Best regards,
DanishOrbinaut

PS: Don't forget to hail the mighty Probe!:hailprobe:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Perhaps you could post your videos on Youtube as well, even if in Japanese?
(We all speak Orbiter anyway ;))

Last edited:

Treetop64

Reaction score
Welcome. :cheers:

You need to get out and rescue everyone in Japan from Youkai Watch, and get them into Orbiter.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Language barrier isn't something too fierce. We're all agreeable folks here from different backgrounds and nationalities, you're in good hands.

どうぞよろしく。オービターフォーラムよくそ。
(It's nice to meet you. Welcome to OF:hello:)

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Perhaps you could post your videos on Youtube as well, even if in Japanese?

Thank you for watching my videos!
On nicovideo, you can upload a video up to 100MB, this means my videos have a poor quality compared to YouTube’s standard HD videos. This is the main reason why I often use zoom effect. There are many quality orbiter videos on YouTube, so I didn't think I should add my videos to them.

どうぞよろしく。オービターフォーラムよくそ。

Thank you for your warm welcome!
I think the word you're looking for is “ようこそ”. Of course I'm not offended because I know what you're trying to say, but I think you shouldn't say “くそ”. That's really rude.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
Japanese Orbiter community is seemingly dead

I decided to join this forum as Japanese Orbiter community is seemingly dead. And I couldn't find anyone who is playing Orbiter in Japan...

I really hope to see more Japanese people playing Orbiter. This game is fantastic.

Nikogori

Dear friend, it seems from my personal experience that Japan is not the only country affected by this problem. Trying to install in a folder that contains non-latin characters will make one fail. So Asian orbiter communities are poised to shrink. See orbiter吧 from a neighbouring nation for instance as you might be able to read kanji. No indigenously developed add-ons, only asking for help and no one to reply.
:tumbleweed:
95a0b316fdfaaf51cb3079968f5494eef11f7a07.jpg

:facepalm: