Homebuilt simulator support

SkylabI

Reaction score
Hello!

I once was a regular denizen of these forums. I doubt anyone would remember me, I've forgotten my old username. I think it was STS105 or something of the sort, but that's beside the point.

I am looking into options for building a homebuilt Apollo command module simulator. I would be using Orbiter and AMSO as the underlying software, with regular PC monitors arranged in a layout to display the panel, and possibly a projector outside the unit to simulate the windows.

I don't know if this post, then, is in the right place. Please move it if it is not.

So far, I've run into two questions that I hope someone could help answer:
1. Is there a way to separate the outside view from the inside view? What I mean to say is, is there a way to display the panels on my monitors but have the outside views of the earth, moon, and space displayed through a projector while keeping them synched up?
2. Can anyone think of any way one could utilize an iPad as a display for the DSKY/AGC? I know there's a program for it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dsky/id456570238?mt=8 but I've never used it and I doubt there's any way to link it up. But perhaps I'm lucky and I'm wrong? Thoughts? Ideas? My monitors are not touch screen so I'll be integrating a keyboard and mouse into the design, but I'd like to utilize the touch screen on my iPad for a DSKY if at all possible.

Thanks!