Question how do i install add-ons?

DGMP

Reaction score
& any recommended add-on you have to offer? :)

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Download the addon from Orbit Hangar, unzip it somewhere like a temp folder then merge it into orbiter.
Most addons will have a meshes folder, a texture folder and config folder. some will have a modules folder.

the context of the meshes folder goes into orbiters meshes folder.
the context of the texture folder goes into orbiters texture folder
the context of the config folder goes into orbiters config folder

and so on.

We have a list of recommended addons here -> http://www.orbiter-forum.com/addons.php

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
1) Download it
2) Unzip it into your Orbiter folder (preserve folder structure)
3) Activate it in Launchpad "Modules" Tab (if required)
4) Enjoy

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You may want to consider a mod enabler (I use Jonesoft myself). It will allow you to remove an add-on that either 1) you don't want anymore or 2) is causing troubles interacting with other add-ons.

DGMP

Reaction score
You may want to consider a mod enabler (I use Jonesoft myself). It will allow you to remove an add-on that either 1) you don't want anymore or 2) is causing troubles interacting with other add-ons.

nice! can you tell me more please?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It'll be the weekend before I can give you anything really in-depth. But Jonesoft will create a folder within the Orbiter root path titled "MODS", inside this folder is where you would have sub folders for each mod.

(example)
-mods
+CSSC
+Energia-M
+WideAwake
+XR-5 Vanguard

Jonesoft has an icon to double click that will open a dialog that is pretty intuitive. Select the mod you wish enabled and press the [->] button. Run Orbiter and hit the skies.

If you add something that 'breaks' or causes a CTD, you can easily drop out the last mod enabled to see if it is the one causing troubles.

If I were to disable every mod that I have, I'd be left with Orbiter, with only SC3, MS2, DGIV, UCGO and Sound.

DGMP

Reaction score
It'll be the weekend before I can give you anything really in-depth. But Jonesoft will create a folder within the Orbiter root path titled "MODS", inside this folder is where you would have sub folders for each mod.

(example)
-mods
+CSSC
+Energia-M
+WideAwake
+XR-5 Vanguard

Jonesoft has an icon to double click that will open a dialog that is pretty intuitive. Select the mod you wish enabled and press the [->] button. Run Orbiter and hit the skies.

If you add something that 'breaks' or causes a CTD, you can easily drop out the last mod enabled to see if it is the one causing troubles.

If I were to disable every mod that I have, I'd be left with Orbiter, with only SC3, MS2, DGIV, UCGO and Sound.
where can i download it?