Question How to make a small electric motor spin something??

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello again :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
So.......
This is what I came to ask :)
I rather like making homemade DIY things, especially ones that move and is powered by some source like electricity.
So, can anybody tell me how to make a small electric motor spin something? Like a mini-wheel or propeller of some sort?
(Like, how to connect the wires to the motor and battery, making the on-off switches etc, etc, ) :) :) :) :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So.......
I rather like making homemade DIY things, especially ones that move and is powered by some source like electricity.
So, can anybody tell me how to make a small electric motor spin something? Like a mini-wheel or propeller of some sort?
(Like, how to connect the wires to the motor and battery, making the on-off switches etc, etc, ) :) :) :) :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

So you know everything you need to know there :lol:

Power to the motor, and connect the tool you want to spin with it...

Or are you looking at more advanced stuff, like motor controllers or stepper motors?

E

ex-orbinaut

So.......

The standard answer would be something like; Can you be more specific in what you want to do?

By the mention of a battery I assume you want to do something DC. It would help to ground yourself (no pun intended... well maybe a bit :lol:) in some electrics and electronics first, especially safety, if you have no previous knowledge of it. Ready? Get set. Go. Here is an excellent series of PDF text books on the subject. I recently read them myself to refresh on some cobwebbed concepts in my turbid head from a course taken years ago. They are a great read. Have fun, and good luck!