Meshing Question How to separate faces in anim8or

Gazza

Reaction score
Hi, hope i've got the right sub forum.

It's been a good while since making models, and i'm a little bit rusty in anim8or, but need to know the answer to my question.

I have a rectangle object, and i want all sides to have seperate faces, so to have different textures. At the moment, the rectangle has "multiple materials" but i cannot remember what function in anim8or does this.

Thanks

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hi, hope i've got the right sub forum.

It's been a good while since making models, and i'm a little bit rusty in anim8or, but need to know the answer to my question.

I have a rectangle object, and i want all sides to have seperate faces, so to have different textures. At the moment, the rectangle has "multiple materials" but i cannot remember what function in anim8or does this.

Thanks

For exporting to Orbiter, you need to make the different materials on different meshgroups anyway. You can do that by selecting face selection mode, select by material and detach faces.

For assigning materials on a per-face base, simple select the faces you want to have a different material, and assign the material as usual.