Question how to set touchdownpoints in ini file

xjflcf520

Reaction score
I used it spacecraft.dll To make the INI configuration file of the spaceship, but the touchdownpoints are not actually generated in the simulation process. Is it because the touchdownpoints in ini is not set correctly? Here is my spaceship ini configuration file.

Attachments

• CH-5.ini.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 8

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what you are asking? Can you send a screen shot of what is going on. Yes touchdown points are not generated. you need to make them part of the ini

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Spacecraft.dll doesn't generate Orbiter 2016 style points.
As posted above, Parking Brake can generate the missing information. Should work, but you might need to tweak your points (into a larger triangle for example).

Make sure your points define a normal with proper forward and up orientation.
On 2010 you could get way with flipped or mirrored points. In 2016 those will get you a vessel that flips and goes underground, or rotates to another heading when landed.

xjflcf520

Reaction score
Not sure what you are asking? Can you send a screen shot of what is going on. Yes touchdown points are not generated. you need to make them part of the ini
I mean I set land in the INI configuration file_ PT point, but in the simulation process, there is no contact with the ground like other aircraft.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I mean I set land in the INI configuration file_ PT point, but in the simulation process, there is no contact with the ground like other aircraft.
oh so the aircraft sets above the ground? Sound like the TD might be too high?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
yes remember that in that case the vessel mesh is "simply" a visual thing, it has no influence on the way the vessel behave (this is handled by the physics engine). So you probably have to make some tuning to have matching visual and physics, its not a "native" Orbiter feature again Orbiter itself is mostly a physics engine.