Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
GzYNn01.jpg

Prologue

What is the cost of immortality?
We're leaving. We must, else we condemn ourselves. This planet is lost on us. Or we have lost it.

The concept that the perpetuity of the few could cause the extinction of the many is an irony not lost on the World Health Organization. Maybe the Southern Bloc could feign disinterest, but the UN (and its controlled territories) don't have the luxury of ignorance. Have you ever seen a lot of bacteria multiply? What starts with a few lone motes of life explodes into a overencumbance of biology. Without the resources to sustain the population, they all eventually die by their own unrelenting pursuit of existence.

Hey, I'm not up here to argue over moral hindsight, but someone should have been listened to after they announced The Breakthrough. Nanobiologicals. Cellular repairmen, engineers, and architects. The pinnacle of human ingenuity. An electrohpysical virus. The cries of praise from the world were only just enough to drown those of the logical. There was no calculable scenario which didn't end in society becoming crushed under the weight of its own hubris. There simply aren't enough resources.

Placation of the concerned came in the form of corporately imposed prohibition. When you control the single most valuable substance on the planet, one's tendency towards generosity somewhat diminishes. Only the most wealthy were able to even catch a glimpse of the stuff behind explosively-tempered titanium-meshed glass in underground Family Clinics. Obviously the limited use and supply would turn the over-population arguments moot. The only problem is... say, have you ever seen a single bacteria multiply?

- Brand new custom spacecraft, from lightweight cargo carriers to interstellar barons
- Myriad new bases in new locations from this end of the galaxy to the other
- An epic story-line spanning solar systems, throwing you from civilian to military to human pilot in unforeseeable ways

A 3-scenario prologue pack is in the works which will test an Orbinaut's ability to both pilot the spacecraft capably and complete multi-vessel missions efficiently. There will be an intricate plot behind each mission which progresses the story arc further involving espionage, research, and discovery.

I'm not explicitly requesting assistance on this project, however if there is anyone who is particularly interested in contributing their expertise I would welcome it gladly! I already have a ship addon and the prologue scenarios almost completed, so there is substantial progress.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sounds intriguing! That hardware artwork reminds me of Homeworld.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This idea has been brought up many times, and it would be really cool if it actually happened one day.

It's an awful lot of work for 3 months, though, especially if you want to do some of the assets yourself.

unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I agree, but ive got a certain dedication to this plus a lot of resources so im feeling confident about my timeline.

I failed to finish the first time because I made the mistake of starting right before leaving for college.

Now though, the process is Photoshop for the concept art and texturing, Blender for the mesh modeling, GCC compiler and Jed for scripting the missions and addons, and finally good old fashioned pen and paper for the story writing. It's a bit of everything so Im excited.