Idea Hypersonic

Sbb1413

Add-on developer and tester
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
There must be an X-15 add-on somewhere in this forum. The X-15 was intended to be a hypersonic aeroplane, but it became a spaceplane as various pilots flew it above 80 km.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Mig-31 is not hypersonic by itself. Its performance is quite equivalent to the F-15 (and of course the Mig-25) : those are Mach 2.85 fast interceptors, mainly designed to neutralize enemy strategic bombers as fast as possible, certainly not at their best in dogfights.

I love those planes as they are pretty much the best you can get from "classic" air-breathing turbofan engines.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Even with the DG, you can easily fly hypersonic already. I can't tell that it is something special - the DG is even way more maneuverable than many existing MaRVs

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
let's have a deal, I'm ok to try to model the plane, those blueprints are good. Can you try to model the cockpit ? I'm going to be very lost with all those Russian analog gauges (but they also can look real real cool). I'll manage the coding.
it's more useful for the community to have the Proton and the Long March 5 you're building
Mig-31 cockpit
Cockpit_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31_(2).jpgCockpit_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31_(3).jpgCockpit_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31_(7).jpgCockpit_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31_(9).jpg

Attachments

• Mig-31 cockpit.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 0