Question I crashed my Linux partition, cause I am stupid!

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Is anyone using Kali in here? Arch guys don't have the best reputation, I think?

This Libruby shit actually is from harden Kali Linux. It prevents from chrooting into it! : https://linuxconfig.org/hardening-kali-linux
AND THAT'S WHY!
So how to hack Kali with Kali for no reason?
I'm sorry I couldn't give you a solution as a Debian user as well. But it turns out that I don't know how Kali works in particular.

And about Arch users, well, I've read that they don't have the habit of treating people well, but I've also seen it refer to Linux users in general. Particularly I am not registered in any forum at all (except O-F) but so far I have not needed to register in a forum, many solutions I have found in AskUbuntu, ServerFault, StackExchange and other forums. Lately I've gotten help from ChatGPT which has a huge database but sometimes gives wrong instructions or gets into a loop of useless responses. It's quite an adventure getting helpful help, but I prefer that 1000 times over to Microsoft help forums where people ask questions and Microsoft employees give absurdly useless answers.
Sorry for the off topic.

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
WE DID IT! :D

Special thanks to Mr. Saibene from Archentina! Everything is back and not a single scratch.
It was not possible to chroot into Partition 5, cause I installed some anti-chkrootkit.
But we stored the information in the terminal on the broken Kali.
I rooted into Partition 5 and opened the Terminal in the shell, before fully booting up.
In the terminal I found the information stored, provided from Mr. Saibenes .txt routine.
It needed 25 min to run it thru, but after update and reboot. Here we are!

Thank you folks! (y)

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
And By The Way,

I read long time ago about your attempt to run Orbiter in Linux. And with the runtimes and WINE... something with Vulcan???

Kali is the solution. You can use Ubuntu stuff and Debian stuff together. Gnome and KDE and xfce and Wayland in one distribution.
You should give it a try to fix the Orbiter on Linux problems with Kali!

And by the way. I use MX-Linux as a secondary system. It is also based on Arch. But I don't tell everyone btw. Arch is to me: Why simple if you can do it complicated?
And there are plenty of memes about "Btw. I use Arch.". Among Nerds, Arch-users are kind of Nerds.

What other distros did you try for Orbiter on Linux???

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
WE DID IT! :D

Special thanks to Mr. Saibene from Archentina! Everything is back and not a single scratch.
It was not possible to chroot into Partition 5, cause I installed some anti-chkrootkit.
But we stored the information in the terminal on the broken Kali.
I rooted into Partition 5 and opened the Terminal in the shell, before fully booting up.
In the terminal I found the information stored, provided from Mr. Saibenes .txt routine.
It needed 25 min to run it thru, but after update and reboot. Here we are!

Thank you folks! (y)

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

And By The Way,

I read long time ago about your attempt to run Orbiter in Linux. And with the runtimes and WINE... something with Vulcan???

Kali is the solution. You can use Ubuntu stuff and Debian stuff together. Gnome and KDE and xfce and Wayland in one distribution.
You should give it a try to fix the Orbiter on Linux problems with Kali!

And by the way. I use MX-Linux as a secondary system. It is also based on Arch. But I don't tell everyone btw. Arch is to me: Why simple if you can do it complicated?
And there are plenty of memes about "Btw. I use Arch.". Among Nerds, Arch-users are kind of Nerds.

What other distros did you try for Orbiter on Linux???

Marvelous! I'm glad I helped!

And thanks for the recommendation of Vulkan WINE in Kali. That information is good to know and if you have had a good experience with Orbiter on Kali I encourage you to share it in the thread https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/orbiter-2010-working-properly-in-ubuntu-linux.30064/

I think my I use Arch joke was misinterpreted. It was a joke (that's why I put it in strikeout text). Actually I respect users of all distributions and I like to try many distributions. The last one I tried and liked (and was very surprised) was TinyCoreLinux of only 290MB with IceWM. I think I'm going to use it for testing on old computers. That one of the riches of Linux there is a distribution for every need and taste.

Oh, and it's not called (Arch)entina. It's (Inflation)tina, 'cause our glorious inflation btw. :ROFLMAO:

I send you my best regards in the distance, and enjoy your restored system.
:welcome:
🇩🇪🌍🇦🇷

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
I never used Orbiter In Kali. I just know that it has all you need.
I respect users of all distros too, But the "Btw, I use Arch" ... It causes stupid counters! :p
I persume that is you?
Btw, I use Arch.png
What I like at Kali is the compatibility. Perhaps you don't like 100GB Linux OS partitions, but if you really have it, you feel so much superior to Windowsl
At MX-Linux I like the possibility to create a .iso out of it, so you can make your own distro like in Arch. I miss this in Kali, but I think they will take it from Debian soon.
I had an own partition to try Distros. Duno how much I tried. Zorin was nice and simple. I never made it to Arch. But since I can install Distros in VM in Kali...
If you want try Kali, Please tell me, I write you an installation routine, so you get almoust what I have. (80,33GB)

You should give Kali a try. Or you should build an Orbiter Distro out of MX-Linux. Please keep me informed, when you get a real good working Orbiter for Linux.
Thanks again! :hailprobe: