I would like to know how Can I return to my home XD

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I flaw the Apollo missions of NASSP 6 along the last years in real time, (flying four hours per day), and I am actually at the Apollo XVI mission. I had a lot of adventures in the Moon and..., except Apollo XIII and Apollo VIII, (because I didn't want spend time in no walking in the Moon, and because I think that Apollo XIII deserves be done in NASSP 7), I did all very "fine" considering I can't use to Houston and a lot of things in the cockpit... and well I know... I died in all reentys cause I can't use the computer in NASSP 6, but I allways made the splashdown in the Pacific except two times, (I did it once in the Atlantic, and once over Australia, but, the Apollo was designed to land in ground in case of problems, therefore, I just died in all the Reentrys XD).

Now, I am a little sad cause I need cheat in the Mid Course Correction, while my travel to the Earth, to make an accurate correction. I use the time acelerator to know what will be my Focus Ped and my Inc if I don't make any kind of correction. And with those parameters I make some basic calculations and I make a very good correction to reach the Earth with a very good Per and Inc.

However, I would like to know if you guys could give me a way to know what will be my Per and Inc without accelerate my flight by timeing it with Newton calculations or other things like that.

I would like to say, to end, that I fly, unfortunatelly, without Non-spherical gravity sources activated. So my numbers doesn't dance a lot... Well, sorry for my english, and I hope, you can help me, cause I would like to use your helps in Apollo XVI to see if all works, and more late applying it in Apollo XVII, that will be my last mission with NASSP 6.

Maybe, this could be usefull for other readers. My method consists in noting my MJD date and my Focus Ped and Inc info from the Trans-X at 30.000 km from the Moon, (I like use a screenshot to be more accurate). I save the scenary, and, after that, I accelerate my time to reach a distance of 30.000 km from the Earth to note my future Focus Ped and future Inc. Then I returne to my saved file. Then I add, to my noted MJD, two times 417 to know the Mid Course Correction date by using the Trans-X. Then, I time the difference between my Future Focus Ped and the Focus Ped that I need (6412) to obtain "A", I calculate the difference between "A" and my noted Focus Ped two hours before the ignition.

First step: MJD Date + (417*2) = Mid Course Correction date, where 417 is = to 1 hour

Second step: Future Focus Ped + or - 6412 = "A"

Third step: Noted Focus Ped (two hours before the Mid Course Correction) + or - "A" = "X"

Then I take "X" and I rest or I plus two times the km that have growed up, or have decreased my noted Focus Ped along the first hour, ("B"), to know what must be my Focus Ped at the Mid Course Correction date, ("C").

Fourth step: "X" - or + "B"= "C"

In the plus or the rest cases all depends of your need of calculate the differences and increase or decrease the Focus Ped to reach the Earth with the correct Focus Ped of 6412, and after know that, at the fourth step, you must plus if the Focus Ped was encreasing in the first waiting hour, and you must rest if the Focus Ped was decreasing in the same first waiting hour.

With "C" I make the correction.

About the Inc I just look if my Inc goes up or down, If it goes up I set the Inc in 30º, and, if it goes down, I set it in 40º

Then at 30.000 km from the Earth all usally looks very accurate with just some kilometers of error, very easy to fix.

Last edited:

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
Any idea? In two days I will need make the mid course correction and I wont need any answer never more... after that.

Last edited:

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
Well, it is very sad, I would liked learn this, but, since all looks that you guys can't say me nothing, I will think that you don't know how to time all this, so I have explained my "Method" to help you by editing my first post.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm not an NASSP guy, I've got AMSO.
I typically use IMFD or Lunar Transfer MFD to get back and forth. The tools in those MFDs give me all I need to recover where I'm aiming.

I understand NASSP is more checklist and procedure driven?

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
I'm not an NASSP guy, I've got AMSO.
I typically use IMFD or Lunar Transfer MFD to get back and forth. The tools in those MFDs give me all I need to recover where I'm aiming.

I understand NASSP is more checklist and procedure driven?

Well, NASSP, will make possible do all the things that they did except cooking, and maybe, since the "bathroom" can really works, you will can use too the microwave; in any case, you will build at less once the Saturn V, and you will put it at the launch pad. With all the systems recreated to fail, and giving you the chance of knowing all the problems that they had along the Apollo program... I think, NASSP is a little more than just cheklists and procedures. And, in NASSP 7 I wont have this problems cause I will use similar MFDs like you. But with NASSP 6 I wanted to learn some phisics to calculate just two things without MFD. In any case, now I don't need it, I made yesterday the correction and well... I made a mistake, but, and fortunatelly, I found the problem and I wont repeat it nevermore. However, I will have just a 72 km of desvitaion that I hope can fix close to the Earth. Also, I will need a lot of Fuel but I have it, (I think). In any case thanks for your post. ^^

Last edited:

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
COOLMOD1-2015-apr-17-011.jpg

Well one mission more and I will end NASSP 6. I really hope live enought time to see a date release for NASSP7

ARMSTRONG

God of the Space
Reaction score
I would like to indicate that I have updated this post, and now, at less, I am sure that my simple method works very nice. I made a mistake, but now all is correct.