Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
WTF is wrong with these people?? All that for shoes...seriously!?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqwg1KE2-xQ"]New Nike Air Jordan XI Concord Causes Shopping Frenzy In Indianapolis - YouTube[/ame]

The arrival of Nike's new Air Jordan 11 Retro Concords in stores just in time for Christmas brought pandemonium all over the country.

Thousands lined up across the country to shell out $180 for the black and white "J's" that went on sale at midnight.

Police were called to shopping centers in Indiana, Florida, Texas and Virginia among other states to control crowds of hundreds lining up for the shoes.

"I don't remember anything like this in the recent past at all, definitely not with the iPhone or anything like that," Linda Jackson, a spokeswoman for the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, told ABCNews.com.

{...}

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It's like they were starving in the desert for a week and someone yelled free food & water. I mean that I could see such a reaction from, but for shoes? And ugly ass, over priced shoes at that! :facepalm:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The amount of racist comments on that video is appalling.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tex said:
Idiots cause a stampede for Nike Air Jordan shoes

I'm not sure if I'm from the same planet....?

:facepalm:
Who waits overnight to get shoes anyway? :idk:

It's like they were starving in the desert for a week and someone yelled free food & water. I mean that I could see such a reaction from, but for shoes? And ugly ass, over priced shoes at that! :facepalm:

Well, that's kinda narrow minded from all of you.

Who waits overnight to get iPhones anyway?
Who waits overnight to get Xbox anyway?
Who waits overnight to get new computer parts or games anyway?
Who waits overnight to be the first in a store for black Friday anyway?

Need I go on?

Just because your interests are different from other people's doesn't mean they're idiots. I think we'd have quite a few members running like hell if Orbiter was for sale and only one copy of it left.

Last edited:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Those are for entertainment, it's just like waiting to see a movie premier, these are shoes, merely clothing.

Maybe for you they are merely clothing, but to some people they are just as entertaining and valuable as some games are to you.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As true as that may be...

They do not seem to think so. And they are entitled to that opinion as much as you are to think they are ugly.
Who said they weren't? Sure they're entitled to think they're great, and we're entitled to think they're ugly. This argument does not exist. :)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just because your interests are different from other people's doesn't mean they're idiots.

The idiots are the ones who caused the stampede. When someone's priority is only about getting to the shoes, and in order to do so they have to trample over the poor blokes on the ground, then yes, they are idiots.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
That's true, but Orbiter is a computer program, not an article of clothing, I don't see how you're trying to compare the two.
Not quite good example, but whatever: One thinks: "wow, an imitation of space suit, it would be very entertaining to get one", another thinks: "how can people even think about wearing one, it looks ugly and it must be very uncomfortable". :p

A personal example from O-F: All those ponies, that got to O-F lately -- I don't get how they can be at all entertaining to people who do enjoy Orbiter, but it's just me. :shrug:

What is entertaining to you, doesn't really need to be entertaining to me. I have a friend who likes sportswear clothing, who'd most likely enjoy getting a new model of Nikes, just because they are Nikes, while I don't care that they were just released or even exist.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Personally, I buy $20 shoes, so to me, shelling out $180 seems ridiculous. However, I concede that they're entitled to their opinions so long as they don't insult me because I see otherwise.

However, starting riots is unacceptable. Let those idiots be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.