Impossible Space Flights'. - Dare you! (VIDEO)

Tinfish

Reaction score
imp-space-flights-pic.jpg

Fasten seat belts guys!

Thanks for watching.

Tinfish

'Impossible Space Flights'
Orbiter video special
Youtube link
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCDjwZpoQs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Youtube smoothview tip >
If you have a slow Youtube connection which makes the video stop at intervals, simply pause the video once
it starts then wait a few minutes until the red line moves a quarter or more forward, then hit the play
button to watch it through.
---

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hehe that was quite interesting Tinfish. Did you just dock them together? And how many movies did you use audio from? I like that and think thats one thing missing from so many other videos I see. Commentary and sfx. Good job on this one Tinfish, though I still think the Cosmic Voyage one was the best. :)

Tinfish

Reaction score
hehe that was quite interesting Tinfish. Did you just dock them together? And how many movies did you use audio from? I like that and think thats one thing missing from so many other videos I see. Commentary and sfx. Good job on this one Tinfish, though I still think the Cosmic Voyage one was the best. :)
Cheers Tex.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I managed to create that monster shuttle. I started off importing the shuttle mesh into AC3D, then copied the mesh and glued a flipped/mirrored version onto the original shuttle mesh. But when I whent to fly it, it looked like a normal shuttle. But then I edited a scenario file to include two shuttles with slightly different placements, and walla!! I'd created the monster
:)

Weird thing is, they are docked onto each other like siamese twins (not seperation in video).

Its all good clean fun, I guess :)

Tin

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Tinfish, did the thread to this film over on the other forum get deleted? I was reading it tonight and I'll be keeping an eye out for that guy registering over here. He was a total :censored: and ended up getting banned on the main orbiter forum.

Anyway, thanks for posting your stuff here, always enjoy watching them. :cheers:

Kendo

Reaction score
Have you seen the hillarios thread at M6 re Tinfish,s films.
Sorry Tinfish , I just had to say something, But I did,nt know what to say.
I am totally with you on this.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tinfish! We never knew your identity as an IT engineer! I always mistook your profession as an artist, because of your creative and unique videos.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Great vid tinfish though i wonder how would you lauch the hubble from such a crazy contraption lol just joking! The vid sure shows the potiental of orbiter! thanks!:speakcool:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
About the criticism you've received in the M6 forum, always remember:

Illegitimi non carborundum

By putting you creative effort out there for public purview, you do expose yourself to criticism. Those who can't do...

I do enjoy most of your videos, some IMHO are a little off the wall. Nevertheless, I do appriciate all of them for the time and creative effort it takes to produce one.
I've tried making one myself...and feel embarrassed for my effort after watching one of yours or Tex's.

Keep them coming, please! They really do show Orbiter's versatility.

:cheers:

EJ316

Reaction score
Awesome video!
I liked the audio from The Core :)

Tinfish

Reaction score

Thank you guys for checking out this wacky video and taking the time to comment.

Much appreciated.

Enjoy the wide-open spaces.

Tin