Software In game Help issue

Rioden

Reaction score
I keep getting a message "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" when I try to use the In-Game help. None of the links work. Does anyone know whats causing this?? I know my internet is function correctly.

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Orbiter's inbuilt help files are not stored remotely, but are a collection of .chm files located in the /html/ folder of your orbiter install. I would suggest firstly verifying that these files exist in that folder - and try extracting the html folder from the package into your orbiter install again.

Try it on a totally clean install too, and see if the problem persists. If it does, there's likely an issue with your HTML Help viewer.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I have a Windows 7 system and I can't reproduce it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I think this is to do with the UAC protection on Vista, I've not got a copy of Vista handy to test it but I think the fix is to make sure that you run orbiter as local admin.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It shouldn't matter what browser you have. The inbuilt HTML help viewer uses the standard IE rendering engine regardless of third-party browsers installed on the system, unless I'm missing my guess completely.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Go to: Orbiter folder>Html and right-click one of the .chm files, click properties, and in the properties window, somewhere below, there should be a safety box that's turned on... turn it of and repeat this with all the files, and then they should work...

Sorry, I can't describe it in details, because my PC is dutch ;) if you don't understand it, tell me, then I will turn my PC in English ;)

Rioden

Reaction score
Yes thats what it was... The html files were set to block. R-Clicked on each... properties then unblock at the bottom!!!!! Thx for the help guys 8)