Resolved incorrect UTC time?

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just a detail here, but I prefere to mention it in case it would hide another concern, don't we have an inconsistance with the Preferences > Time zone. For instance, I am in Central European Time (CET), i.e. UTC+2:00 in summer time but I read that CET = UTC+01:00. Or am I myself wrong? :aga:
UTC_preferences.png

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
CET is UTC+1 as summer time is called CEST. It's similar to the US Daylight Savings Time (DST) which in abbreviated form is written out as a single "D" which replaces the singular "S". So Eastern DST is written as EDT while winter time AKA "standard time" is written EST. The reason for why it is called "standard time" is that summer time/DST hasn't been around for that long, only since April 30 1916 in Germany for example. So for the longest amount of time, there was only winter time/standard time.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yep. Set your timezone to whatever your ordinary, non-daylight-saving offset from UTC is. XenForo automatically adjusts for DST by itself, so your times will be incorrect if you also try to correct for it.