API Question Info about SetMaxWheelbrakeForce()

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
To allow more control over the brakes in SSU, I've "eaten" the standard brake keys, and now control the brake level with SetWheelbrakeLevel().

I'm setting the brake force with SetMaxWheelbrakeForce(), but even assuming the function sets the brake for for each of the 2 rear wheels (so I input half of the total desired value), the braking effect seems way too high. Looking at the blue vectors originating from the rear wheels, and comparing the values with brakes on vs off, they go from about 7kN to 670kN, but I only put 100kN in SetMaxWheelbrakeForce().... :uhh:
Even with the extra touchdown point drag it seems something is not right. kg vs N issue?

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Played a bit more and it seems the argument of SetMaxWheelbrakeForce() does nothing. Didn't call it at all, and still get the same braking performance, so it seems the value is ignored.
Instead of opening a thread, I should have probably posted a ticket... :facepalm:
Using Orbiter BETA r87.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
To allow more control over the brakes in SSU, I've "eaten" the standard brake keys, and now control the brake level with SetWheelbrakeLevel().

I'm setting the brake force with SetMaxWheelbrakeForce(), but even assuming the function sets the brake for for each of the 2 rear wheels (so I input half of the total desired value), the braking effect seems way too high. Looking at the blue vectors originating from the rear wheels, and comparing the values with brakes on vs off, they go from about 7kN to 670kN, but I only put 100kN in SetMaxWheelbrakeForce().... :uhh:
Even with the extra touchdown point drag it seems something is not right. kg vs N issue?

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Played a bit more and it seems the argument of SetMaxWheelbrakeForce() does nothing. Didn't call it at all, and still get the same braking performance, so it seems the value is ignored.
Instead of opening a thread, I should have probably posted a ticket... :facepalm:
Using Orbiter BETA r87.

out of curiosity: did you make a test with GetWheelBrakeLevel to see if it returns the expected level? just to understand if the system is doing right or not

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
out of curiosity: did you make a test with GetWheelBrakeLevel to see if it returns the expected level? just to understand if the system is doing right or not

Calling the Get right after the Set, gives the value of the previous time step, so that seems OK.