Insert bad word here:

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
After much ado about Mac I finally got a windoze based computer.

It has Vista, and i'm mostly happy with it. I still run Orbiter off my Mac, but I want to see what it looks like on the new comp.

The hardest part is adding hardware manually, which is very difficult, some stuff that I don't remember how to do, i'm learning again.

There is some other issues i'm getting used to, the asking of everything going to the administrator, I didn't know when I set up my wife's account that I made her the administrator, and i'm just a user.

Suits me just fine.

My insert bad word here is due to the fact that I was bad mouthing this so bad, but I really like it so far. I'm quite impressed with the graphics capabilities and other actions so far.

However I just bought this 2 days ago. But I got a great deal 298 at Wal Mart. On sale.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What sorts of specifications does that PC have?

Jarvitä

Reaction score
A PC that can apparently run Vista, for $300? I thought Vista licences alone cost more than that :p

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Is it THIS computer?

For $300 it only comes with integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, not good for Vista...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it THIS computer?

For $300 it only comes with integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, not good for Vista...

Clearly joeybigO disagrees. Where did everyone get this idea that you need some super-high-end graphics card just to run vista? it's not true.

Joey: If you go to the control panel under user accounts on your wife's account you can probably upgrade yourself to an Administrator.

Also, you can turn off the User Account Control which is the source of 90% of the annoying "Admin needed" popups.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
Clearly joeybigO disagrees. Where did everyone get this idea that you need some super-high-end graphics card just to run vista? it's not true.

Joey: If you go to the control panel under user accounts on your wife's account you can probably upgrade yourself to an Administrator.

Also, you can turn off the User Account Control which is the source of 90% of the annoying "Admin needed" popups.

Well, I use that since my wonderful 2 daughters like to d/l "stuff" and put in onto the computer, what I would really like to take out is all that stuff on the browser. It's been so long I forgot how to remove that from the browser.

I think i'm going to make myself an admin on the computer.

And you were right, I don't need some big end graphics accelerator. I will use it to play Orbiter and maybe some internet stuff, but thats about all.
If the kids need it to pump up their games, which they don't have any at the moment, they have all Mac stuff games, then I think I might update the graphics, other than that, It runs great so far.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
well you don't need a huge graphics card, but it helps;

Vista requirements
I don't have Vista on my PC but others in our office run it just fine with integrated graphics cards. It is only if you want to use Aero or Standard visual styles that you need better performance due to the Windows Display Driver Model. Basic style works just fine.