Installing Orbiter 2009 (or 2010) over my 2006 base?

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi. Well, sooner or later, a new version of orbiter will come out. However, over the past three years, I have downloaded and installed hundreds of third party addons, some of which do not exist any more. Reconstructing a 2009 (or 2010) base exactly like my 2006 bases are would take hundreds of hours. So when the new orbiter comes out, will I just be able to extract it into my existing orbiter 2006 base? I am aware that a few addons might not work, but for the most part will it function?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It most likely will work. More or less.
We will know when it is out.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
When it's released you back up your current install, test it and see.

Tommy

Reaction score
Some of it will work, some won't. There are a lot of changes, including the way flights are recorded, but I'm not sure that will affect add-ons - it may be internal to the core and the core-vessel interface may not be changed. The biggest change that I'm aware of is the new Earth atmosphere which means objects in LEO may not be nearly as stable as they are now. Stations may require an AP or hack to stay aloft.

Trigger Furious

Reaction score
I don't know how or why I am able to use the Melinium Falcon with the 2009 beta but it works. I'm looking for more addons to use with this beta.