Interstellar - The Movie

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Filming has just begun for Interstellar, a new movie by Christopher Nolan.

http://www.interstellar-movie.com/

Gravity seems to have changed the way space movies are viewed. Now we have more on the way :)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kip_Thorne"]Kip Thorne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Interstellar was in the works a bit before Gravity was released (I've heard about this movie for about a year now). Definitely good to have an astrophysicist writing the story, and having Christopher Nolan as director definitely will add to the cool-factor in my opinion.

If this is on pair with Gravity then I'm going to be ecstatic.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Been hyped for this for awhile. You have me at "Nolan".

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From Wikipedia:

When a wormhole (which hypothetically can connect widely-separated regions of spacetime) is newly discovered, a team of explorers and scientists embark on a voyage through it to transcend previous limitations on human space travel.[1] The Hollywood Reporter said in addition to the official synopsis, "The plot is believed to involve time travel and alternate dimensions, but other details are being kept under wraps."[2]

Wormholes. Uh. I'm expecting more Stargate then Gravity.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I remember seeing some science documentary about wormholes; it used an analogy of folding a city (like that scene in Inception) in some weird space-timey way in order to connect two points.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interstellar was in the works a bit before Gravity was released (I've heard about this movie for about a year now). Definitely good to have an astrophysicist writing the story, and having Christopher Nolan as director definitely will add to the cool-factor in my opinion.

If this is on pair with Gravity then I'm going to be ecstatic.

Keep in mind that this is a primarily theoretical astrophysicist. I (perhaps pessimistically) expect the spaceships to be pretty much Armageddon level. It's the theme and plot I'm most interested in, really. As Pablo said, they got me at Nolan.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New trailer:

Trailer

:cheers::hailprobe:

Looks beautiful...Especially the 3d wormhole at the end.
I like how the trailer captures heartland Americana. Although i have to say that football would surpass baseball as Americas favorite sport in the future. I hope they mix in some everyday high technology(holographic display tv, household robots, etc...) in the america scenes.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My jaw dropped the moment I saw the spacecraft, flying past Saturn and about to enter that wormhole.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I am reminded of Contact, for whatever reason. This looks great!

Keatah

Reaction score
Lose the boomy sound effects, false coloring, and ADD editing.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know if i'm right but it seems to me one of those movies in which you wait for the cool part (the space one) for the whole movie... you see the problems of humans on earth, the issues of going into space, the launch, and when the space part comes it lasts 10 minutes, they jump into the wormhole, the screen goes black with a white text "directed by cristopher nolan"

I hope not of course but this is my feeling seeing the trailers up to now

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

wait, this is changing the matter here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyouG8ji-CY

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
New trailer:

Trailer

:cheers::hailprobe:

Looks beautiful...Especially the 3d wormhole at the end.
I like how the trailer captures heartland Americana. Although i have to say that football would surpass baseball as Americas favorite sport in the future. I hope they mix in some everyday high technology(holographic display tv, household robots, etc...) in the america scenes.

The music reminds me HEAVILY of this theme:
(probably just me though)

Unstung

Reaction score
The beginning of the trailer reminds me of some potential effects global warming will have decades in the future, with famine as a result of low precipitation in the Great Plains, causing a permanent Dust Bowl. I wonder if global warming will be the cause of humanity's decline in Interstellar.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Scott Lowther sums up my feelings on it.

The earlier teaser made me think that it’d be a pro-space exploration movie, but it’s looking more like a “oh, crap, we *gotta* go into space or we’re gonna die” movie. And that’s fine, but it’s perhaps not the best “message movie” to get regular folks all excited about space.

But so long as it’s a “doom approaches,” movie, I gotta say that the tagline hits just the right note for me:

At a certain point the the OMG Thermo-geddon/We're all gonna die! premise becomes eye roll worthy :rolleyes:.

That said, cool spaceship bro :thumbup: