New Feature iPhone / iPad / Android / BlackBerry app for Orbiter-Forum

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I have a winmo mobile, so this app doesnt work for me, but I second that opera handles normal skins really well.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Tapatalk on a blackberry - nice, and certainly better in some ways than fighting with the mobile skin - but I can't edit any posts, including my own. In fact there are a few features missing like reporting posts, as well.

It does at least attach my signature to posts, which the mobile skin seems to forget to do. :p

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks good on the Torch. Much better than the mobile skin. Although, I don't have a settings option in the menu, so if it does add a signature I don't think I can remove it. I'll keep looking for other places I might be able to change it but so far no luck.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Tapatalk on a blackberry - nice, and certainly better in some ways than fighting with the mobile skin - but I can't edit any posts, including my own. In fact there are a few features missing like reporting posts, as well.

It does at least attach my signature to posts, which the mobile skin seems to forget to do. :p
It also allows quoting single posts. Made this and previous part of post from my BB.

**EDIT** It apparently doesn't combine consecutive posts though...

Last edited:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
well, I think the OP should mention that tapatalk has been available for download on OVI store since a while ago, and it does work fine, I have used it to read the forum from time to time when I'm travelling

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, I think the OP should mention that tapatalk has been available for download on OVI store since a while ago, and it does work fine, I have used it to read the forum from time to time when I'm travelling

I would think the date in the first post of this thread says that. :shrug:

I merely updated this app on the forum to the latest version last night which now supports iPad in addition to iPhone, Android, and Blackberry, but I have no way of testing it with an iPad or iPhone because I don't have a fancy gadget like that. ;)

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It seems that taptalk isnt necessary, i dont have it installed, but i see the OF pages as normal (not the mobile version) and i also see the latest posts on the homepage :D

Ill see if i can get the free taptalk

Laters

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
(I'm working on a hack for that to enable users to select a regular skin).
That should be working now. Mobile users will default to the Mobile skin when no bbstyleid cookie is found* but are able to choose any other skin after logging in.

*The cookie shouldn't be found when you first come to the site because it is cleared when you log out or alternatively it expires after one hour.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
That should be working now. Mobile users will default to the Mobile skin when no bbstyleid cookie is found* but are able to choose any other skin after logging in.

*The cookie shouldn't be found when you first come to the site because it is cleared when you log out or alternatively it expires after one hour.

Indeed it does work perfectly, thanks Tblaxland! :cheers:

theflyingfish

Falling with Style
Reaction score
That should be working now. Mobile users will default to the Mobile skin when no bbstyleid cookie is found* but are able to choose any other skin after logging on.

Thank you very much! Orbiter looks great on my Droid, without the pesky mobile skin!