IRL Airlocks?

hedzup456

Semi-poetic moron
Reaction score
Website
mypoetryramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Hey all-I was wondering, is there any way to link up an IN GAME airlock position to a real life one? If it is possible, that is the way im getting in and out of my not-yet-existent-simpit.
So, any ideas, post them.... Below \/ \/ \/
Thanks in advance!
~Hedz

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What do you mean "link up"?

If you're making your own addon vessel for Orbiter, you can put the airlock anywhere you want. If you're asking if you can modify existing vessels, in most cases the answer is no.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
. o O ("Sorry, honey. Can't talk right now. Airlock is malfunctioning.")

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey all-I was wondering, is there any way to link up an IN GAME airlock position to a real life one? If it is possible, that is the way im getting in and out of my not-yet-existent-simpit.

Since there is no unified method of handling airlock doors, the answer is no (It's not like gear, that uses the same key for every vessel). You can do it if you code your own vessel, but you won't be able to apply it to vessels by other developers.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Since there is no unified method of handling airlock doors, the answer is no (It's not like gear, that uses the same key for every vessel). You can do it if you code your own vessel, but you won't be able to apply it to vessels by other developers.

"K" is fairly universal for nosecone close/open - how about that? I know it's not quite the same thing, but as you say, actual airlock support is limited.

hedzup456

Semi-poetic moron
Reaction score
Website
mypoetryramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks all... If i do eventually get round to building this thing, I probably will use the K command... I can just imagine.. I have a cat. Cat enters simpit. Cat (accidentally)presses K. Cat stuck in simpit. Cat destroys simpit. I destroy cat for destroying my stupidly over expensive and over complicated simpit.
~Hedz

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
. o O ("Sorry, honey. Can't talk right now. Airlock is malfunctioning.")

"In space no-one can hear you complain"