Iron Hill Project Thread

sorindafabico

Reaction score
It needs a docking port (a berthing port, in fact) and places for UCGO slots (how many??). It's unpressurized, so, the UCGO boxes can stay outside, like Arrow's cargo bay. Or inside bay doors, if you want something a little more complex.

Aside from that, you have total freedom to model it ;)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How did you fix the 100 sec CTD? Both SAS's are still present in the file (I'm getting that error now btw:()

I had to do like other times: delete the SAS and Messenger then save to a new scn file, and run this one. Once all done, take the SAS - Messenger ship parts and paste them in the final scn - the one uploaded.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
SolarLiner, please, please tell me you did the EOI burn Thursday and just forgot to post it...

I have some 8 ks before PeA ... So no, but I have a little bit of time :thumbup:
Speaking of this, live will be taken at around 14:35 GMT.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

EOI done, calculated Mercury trajectory:
dV: 22.62 km/s
Departure: 19/12/2012 15:14:24
Arrival: 27/03/2013 12:56:09

Ejection Angle: 5.5°
Intercept Angle: 13.546°

TMI [eventTimer]2012-12-19 15:14:24?-|+; T%c%%dd%/%hh%:%mm%:%ss%[/eventTimer] view - remind me
TIn [eventTimer]2013-03-27 12:56:09?-|+; T%c%%dd%/%hh%:%mm%:%ss%[/eventTimer] view - remind me

And as always:

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project 56276_6558.scn
    23.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

sorindafabico

Reaction score
The next launch windows for chronus are at 04:50 and 14:05 (both UTC). I'm not avaliable. If you have to launch the ship, someone else will have to pilot her =/

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Fortunately, Mattyv has recently announced his return to the board. Matty, are you up to it?

---------- Post added 12-17-12 at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-16-12 at 03:23 PM ----------

Everyone please welcome Astrosammy and Indy91 to the Iron Hill family:thumbup:
These gentlemen are our backup flight crew for Chronus.

@All IHP Members of both teams: you need to make sure your VC++ redistributables are up to date. Updated ones can be found on the Microsoft website. Just google "VC++ 2010 redistributables" and "Windows 3.1 installer". You will need the 2010 versions of both to prevent a CTD;)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Bruce, real quick, can you calculate us a Chronus launch window for the 18th?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Okay, guys, here's the skinny:
Chronus is fueled and loaded. Pilot: Astrosammy. Copilot: Indy91. Launch is at 09:40 UTC Dec 18. I won't be in chat, but I'll be keeping up with things as the day progresses. Remember to update the clock to "Now" in scenario editor, and switch to your UMMU before starting. There's an Azure rover nearby to take you to the hangar.

After landing, please remember to park Chronus back in the hangar, open the cabin hatch and radiator, and move yourselves back to the crew hut.

Bruce, it looks like Cheyenne is going to have to wait. Sorry about that, but I'm afraid to do anything dodgy with those XR-5s right now.

Felipi, when Chronus lands again, I need you to make a course correction with Odyssey. Her Earth PeA has wandered to about 2 million km.

That is all. Good luck, gentlemen:thumbup:

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok, crew is ready for launch, about to have one final reentry training session.
Is there anything I need to do on orbit? Or just launch, fly some orbits and land?

I'll start to broadcast live on www.twitch.tv/Iron_Hill at 09:30 UTC.

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Chronus is in its second orbit now, and Orbiter has been closed until it's time to return to Earth.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You need to dock with Discovery. SolarLiner and I will handle the crew and cargo transfer.

Apologies for the lack of communication, but today was my Lin-Algebra exam which actually went miraculously well (I think). I suggest we update the next SCN with the custom version of Discovery I posted & get everyone to install it. Whats next on the agenda?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Whats next on the agenda?
If all goes well today, you depart for Mercury tomorrow. I need you to decide who's going to be flying the ship during the three and a half month journey. You can do it if you wish, or Tacolev, SolarLiner, SamuelEdwards, or Rtyh-12 can do it. I personally recommend SolarLiner--he did a pretty good job with the lunar mission.

I'll get on installing that skin--I really liked it:thumbup:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Awwwwwww ... :blush:
Final but main burn confirmed Wednesday at 16:32 GMT. Long long burn waiting us there, so be ready !

Forgive me, but that should put it sometime in the morning here in North America right? I forget how many hours we are behind GMT.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
If you're on Eastern Standard Time like me, then you're UTC -5. SolarLiner is at UTC +1. I'm not sure about Rtyh.

That would make the burn at about 11:30 AM EST. Not too early;)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Capture and hard dock! Here's the scenario.

Attachments

• IHP 56279_7994.scn
    19.7 KB · Views: 4