Iron Hill Project Thread

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't until just before the burn. Will be sexy but that should do the job ...
But wait, if you can do it, then I can meet you in the chat while seeing this on twitch ...

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
This tears it...my Orbiter has completely lost its mind:cry:
When I pulled up the scenario, Discovery and Chronus were docked together and sitting on Mercury. Chronus was beeping about gear damage, and Discovery was beeping about being landed and docked.

I'm off to try and fix this...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This tears it...my Orbiter has completely lost its mind:cry:
When I pulled up the scenario, Discovery and Chronus were docked together and sitting on Mercury. Chronus was beeping about gear damage, and Discovery was beeping about being landed and docked.

I'm off to try and fix this...

We seem to have arrived early :lol:.

Can you describe your whole setup for us? (ie Computer, OS, orbiter addons installed)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It looks like SAS is making trouble. I think this should work.

Attachments

• IHP 56279_7994a.scn
    19.7 KB · Views: 4

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
We seem to have arrived early :lol:.

Can you describe your whole setup for us? (ie Computer, OS, orbiter addons installed)
HP Pavillion 523w, Win XP SP 2, everything needed for IHP, plus Orulex

Let's see what Astrosammy has for me...

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Okay, that worked!:speakcool:
Any idea what happened?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It looks like the same problem as me, but it produces different issues ...
Okay I should try this tomorrow just before live ...

Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I don't really now, but here's what I think.

SASDiscovery:SASupgrade
STATUS Orbiting Earth
RPOS 2419057.55 1815114.99 -6017772.35
RVEL 6709.667 1897.893 3282.827
AROT 4.04 -22.31 -116.37
ATTACHED 0:1,Discovery
AFCMODE 7
DOCKINFO 0:0,Discovery 2:0,Chronus
IDS 0:558 100 1:548 100 2:538 100 3:528 100 4:518 100
NAVFREQ 0 0
FLIGHTDATA
MOTHERSHIP Discovery
END

There's both an ATTACHED line and a DOCKINFO line here, resulting in this strange behaviour. I removed the ATTACHED line in the new scenario. I have no idea why Orbiter decided to place the ships on Mercury.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am ready. Live will start in few moments, I am in the IRC chat. Remember:
Departure: 19/12/2012 16:32:25
[eventTimer]2012-12-19 16:32:25?-|+;TMeI %c%%dd%/%hh%:%mm%:%ss%[/eventTimer]

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
astrosammy's scn version does nothing for me ... Sorry but I have to delete the SAS and so the docking ports ...

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
After a smooth cargo transfer, the airlock between Chronus and Discovery couldn't be opened. Therfore an emergency EVA was schedulded, to transfer the Crew of the Discovery to their ship. The failure was later discovered as a faulty pressurization valve.

No seriously, something is wrong with my UMMu and UCGO, I will have to fix it, before I can 'fly' another mission.

Attachments

• Iron Hill Project.scn
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
We've completed a very nerve-racking crew and cargo transfer:p
Well done to the crews of both ships:cheers:
Next stop, Mercury:)

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Discovery is on her way to Mercury:cheers:
That was a very rough month or so:p We faced a lot more challenges than the Odyssey crew did, and still everyone did a terrific job:thumbup:

We wish a safe journey to the crew of Discovery!:hello:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Discovery here, we are far now from the Earth. But we are really close if we compare it to the distance we will travel in the next 70-ish days. Thanks TMac, it is you doing a terrific coordination and problems resolving job. From me and I think all the B-"Discovery" Crew, thanks to you.

Back to technical job, I think to plan a small TMeCC for the Jan. 2, mainly for pe-Mercury lowering.
I'll send the data ASAP, connection will be harder and harder as we get closer...

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Okay, we can all relax for a couple of months now. But there's still a few more things we need to do.

Astrosammy: It's time to bring Chronus home. Please let me know when to meet you in chat.

Felipi: After Chronus lands, I need you to do a course correction with Odyssey. If you are not available, then I can do it, since I'm aboard Odyssey.

Bruce: I've been experimenting with ways to get the Cheyenne modules aboard the XR-5. I tried hacking the SCN file, and at first it seemed to work. But as soon as I tried to do something with the attached modules, Orbiter CTD'd.

Everybody: I'd like to run some diagnostics on everybody's IHP Setup, and try to figure out who is having what issues, before we run head-on into them and end up scrambling to fix some problem days or even minutes before a major event. For this reason, I'll be calling a series of chat meetings for the B-Crew and the primary and backup ferry pilots. It's very important that everyone show up for these. I'll be announcing the first one soon.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, we can all relax for a couple of months now. But there's still a few more things we need to do.

Astrosammy: It's time to bring Chronus home. Please let me know when to meet you in chat.

Felipi: After Chronus lands, I need you to do a course correction with Odyssey. If you are not available, then I can do it, since I'm aboard Odyssey.

Bruce: I've been experimenting with ways to get the Cheyenne modules aboard the XR-5. I tried hacking the SCN file, and at first it seemed to work. But as soon as I tried to do something with the attached modules, Orbiter CTD'd.

Everybody: I'd like to run some diagnostics on everybody's IHP Setup, and try to figure out who is having what issues, before we run head-on into them and end up scrambling to fix some problem days or even minutes before a major event. For this reason, I'll be calling a series of chat meetings for the B-Crew and the primary and backup ferry pilots. It's very important that everyone show up for these. I'll be announcing the first one soon.

Don't worry, I can do it! Good luck, Astrosammy!

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I just have to hit an atmosphere at 7km/s :). Landing should be within the next 60 minutes, the stream on twitch is running.