Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Thanks Felipi:)
Regarding the addition of RTU, I think we should take a vote. All project members are counted in this vote.

My proposal is to use RTU when Chronus or Hermes are in orbit, and use Scenario Editor the rest of the time.

All those in favor, please thank (and I swear that's for official purposes, not my ego:p). Vote will close on January 2, and lack of reply by then will be treated as a "nay" vote. We currently have 13 team members, so we need a minimum of 7 in favor for the motion to carry.

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And another point. Should we use the new UCGO version? It adds more docking ports to the Arrow, so we don't need the SAS spacecraft. Also, there are more realistic models for the spacesuits, and the possibilty to add different textures to each vessel (So we can paint Odyssey and Discovery with their respective names)...

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It's very tempting...I'm trying to figure it out logistically. We can decomission Odyssey when you guys get back to Earth, and launch an Arrow II christened Odyssey II or maybe Peary...

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Why not (virtually) drydock (spacedock) Odyssey; once refurbished, she'll be an Arrow MkII?

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Thanks Felipi:)
Regarding the addition of RTU, I think we should take a vote. All project members are counted in this vote.

My proposal is to use RTU when Chronus or Hermes are in orbit, and use Scenario Editor the rest of the time.

All those in favor, please thank (and I swear that's for official purposes, not my ego:p). Vote will close on January 2, and lack of reply by then will be treated as a "nay" vote. We currently have 13 team members, so we need a minimum of 7 in favor for the motion to carry.

RTU always. It's more realistic. The ScnEditor method doesn't take account orbital perturbations and resource (O2, water, food, etc.) consumption.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Actually, I think you're right. We'll see where the vote stands at noon tomorrow.

---------- Post added 01-02-13 at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-01-13 at 08:18 PM ----------

As of 18:00 UTC, the vote stands at 4 in favor, out of 7 required. The motion (mine) is defeated.

Now let's talk about Sorindafabico's idea to just stick with RTU all the way. I am in favor of this. Anyone else in favor, please thank. 7 votes are needed, and the vote will close at 17:00 UTC on January 5.

Since I can't thank my own post:p, I'll just put my name here: TMac3000

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is the last state!
I'm using the new version of the Arrow, but I removed the new options of the .scn files, so it MAY work with the old version... I don't know if it's going to work, so tell me if it does! If there's any problem, I can downgrade my UCGO version and post this file again!

Attachments

• Iron Hill Project - Last Update.scn
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is the last state!
I'm using the new version of the Arrow, but I removed the new options of the .scn files. I don't know if it's going to work in the old Arrow version, so tell me if it does work! If there's any problem, I can downgrade my UCGO version...

I would prefer the old arrow. Running on a newish beta might not be the best idea for the moment. Besides, I thought Tmac wanted to do a "refit" on odyssey to upgrade it to the new one.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I used the new Arrow, but I changed the scenario file, so you can use it with the old version. I just want to know if my changes worked with the OLD version! Can you tell me?

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As of 18:00 UTC, the vote stands at 4 in favor, out of 7 required.
Look at this post ! 5/7 thanks !

And yeah, I tried the new Arrow with the IHP state, without any problems. Everything is better in the Arrow's new version, and we don't need SAS anymore (witch is caused some troubles) so for me that's great.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I would prefer the old arrow. Running on a newish beta might not be the best idea for the moment. Besides, I thought Tmac wanted to do a "refit" on odyssey to upgrade it to the new one.
Agreed :)
It's a noble idea, Felipi, but let's wait until Odyssey EOI;)

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Look at this post ! 5/7 thanks !
That was referring to my motion in post #1121, which closed at 4/7. Sorindafabico's motion currently stands at 5/7, with 17 hours from this post until the vote closes.

We need to find a more efficient way to do these votes. Any ideas? (A poll sounds nice, but wouldn't we have to start a whole new thread?)

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Having reached the needed votes, Sorindafabico's motion carries. So it's RTU from now on:)

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Maybe it would be nice to edit the first post with the addon requirements in case of any newcomers or if any of us have to reinstall Orbiter.

- UMMU
- UCGO
- XR5 Vanguard
- MESSENGER
- RTU
- SAS Upgrade

Any other?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Don't worry--I'm going to turn the items in the list into links so it will be easier to get them:)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Done:)
And that took me a long time. I don't why some of the most basic addons are so bloody hard to find on O-H. It's a little easier if you search using the author's name, but there really needs to be a more extensive search system there.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Corrected:yes:

I'm finding that RTU only works when you pull up current state twice in a row...so how do we continue the project and still allow people to do other things in Orbiter? I take it some of you are using a separate dedicated install for IHP?