Question Is it possible to load a vessel into the XR5 cargo bay?

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to load a MPLM into the XR5 cargo bay in O2016.

Also, are there any heavy lifters that work in O2016 that can have customized payloads? I tried the Delta-Heavy thats supposed to work with Multistage2015, but the rocket is also 90% underground and tilted at around a 45* angle.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Marcindzn

Reaction score
Replace mesh of vehicle you want to put in payload with mesh of standard XR5 payload f.eg. AIA Logistic. Diasdvantage of this solution is when you unload this payload it hasn't possibility of movement because it's working on "AIA logistic" cfg file. It give you only visual aspects.

EDITED

I found better solution. To your vessel cfg file you want to puy in cargobay add this lines:

Code:
XRPayloadEnabled = true
Description = SOMEPAYLOAD
Dimensions = 2.43 2.59 6.09

; === Attachment specs ===
BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1  XRCARGO
END_ATTACHMENT

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Marcindzn is on the right track -- check out the section titled "Creating Your Own Payload Module" on page 62 of the XR Flight Operations Manual for details on how to make any vessel XR cargo bay-compatible.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3853"]Tutorial: Configuring Payloads for XR Vessels[/ame]