MapMFD Is this a bug with Map MFD in Orbiter 2010?

MetalMania

Reaction score
Whenever I'm on the ground on Earth or in LEO and view the standard Map MFD in Orbiter 2010 with the moon targeted, it always shows the Moon's orbit projection as a straight line across the map. Shouldn't it be a "wavy line" projection like most other orbits? I don't recall it looking like this in Orbiter 2006.

There's also another yellow (presumably a target?) orbit shown on the map all the time that's kind of like a polar orbit but I don't know what it is - I have nothing else targeted. Are these bugs or is there something I'm missing that would explain them?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sounds like it's working properly in its default "Ground Track" mode of display. There is an options menu accessible with the MOD button through which you can change the display to the "Orbital Plane" view used in 2006-P1.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
the other thing you might be looking at is the earths terminator

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think hes talking about the projected path like in the shuttle missions where you see the path where it will be in the next 2 orbits. it does not show it on the moon because it is a slow moving body. the ISS though is faster because its closer to the earth. its best to use Orbit Path instead of GroundTrack.