Item 27 Problem

romanasul

Reaction score
Hello, I have an issue with item 27. So I'm basically in OPS 104 with STS-1 mission after orbit insertion, I input all the data in the computer, execute the burn and everything works perfectly. Then I switch to OPS 105 to prepare for the OMS-2 burn, however I have noticed that item 27 remains checked from OPS 104. I input all the data as before and execute but the TTG timer does not start and the shuttle doesn't maneuver to the correct attitude and the flashing EXEC does not light up, anybody know how to fix this problem?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Did you reload the burn targets in MM105? That is ITEM 22.

Skickat från min SM-T210 via Tapatalk

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's seems to be a problem with ITEM 27 if you do an OMS-1 burn and then mode over to MM105. You can't deselect it and it seems to default to a retrograde burn attitude even if the X-axis DV (ITEM 19) is set to a positive value. I have checked this twice now and have replicated it both times.

So there seems to some sort of transition issue between MM104/MM105. Considering we're getting rid of the current DPS implementation for the next version, I won't file an actual ticket on this.

romanasul

Reaction score
Ok I understand, is there a way to deselect Item 27 before switching over to OPS-105?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok I understand, is there a way to deselect Item 27 before switching over to OPS-105?
You can try. I never checked this as I was trying to replicate your problem.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
There's seems to be a problem with ITEM 27 if you do an OMS-1 burn and then mode over to MM105. You can't deselect it and it seems to default to a retrograde burn attitude even if the X-axis DV (ITEM 19) is set to a positive value. I have checked this twice now and have replicated it both times.

So there seems to some sort of transition issue between MM104/MM105. Considering we're getting rid of the current DPS implementation for the next version, I won't file an actual ticket on this.

Please create a ticket for this, as the planned changes might not fix whatever is wrong here, and with a ticket this won't slip through the cracks.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Please file one for quality checks, but refer to the new DPS implementation there. This way, we can simply make sure that once the new DPS is implemented, we also test for the old bugs and not just search for new ones.

Nevermind... took too long to answer.

romanasul

Reaction score
Until this bug is fixed I just move directly to OPS 202 and use that for the OMS-2 burn.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Until this bug is fixed I just move directly to OPS 202 and use that for the OMS-2 burn.
You can maneuver manually using the DAP in the LVLH mode rather than AUTO. As I noted in the official bug ticket, I did this and the burn was nominal.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
OMS-2 transfering from OPS104 to 105 works (when OMS-1 is not required). The mencioned problem appears executing the OMS-1 burn in OPS104, so as the devs said, the problem is with 104.

mati140

Reaction score
I've got a little update on this one:

The issue with Item 27 is not limited to ops switch, if you load burn data with item 22, do item 27 and than change the data, reload them and do item 27 again, the computer won't maneuver into the new orientation - it's as if item 27 could only be executed once.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Got tired of hw tonight and so I returned to sw (and SSU :)) for one night, and took a quick look at this. The burn data/variables are all preserved on MM transitions that use the MNVR display (and sw), which isn't allowing new data to be used. I added a reset on MM105 PRO to clean any previous burn data (like it is done on MM transitions "out of MNVR"), and it seems to work now.