Joined up to tap into a great resource

italiangator

Reaction score
A quick introduction from me. I teach "Spaceflight Operations and Related Sciences" (aka. "SOARS") to online students via a company called "Homeschool Connections". We utilize the Orbiter Spaceflight Simulator to expose the students to a whole host of topics since there's so much realism. Parents also love it because it's "fun learning" instead of space being simplified into a game (with more emphasis on the game than on the space part). While there are no formal "objectives" or "achievements" in Orbiter (that I know of), there's still the satisfaction that comes with launching, aligning with the ISS, and successfully docking! The visual improvements of Orbiter 2016 over 2010 are also something to delight in, even if some of the students have to resort to using Orbiter 2010 because of weaker systems.

thermocalc

Reaction score
very nice initiative from yours, we need scientific prepared / educated people for the future of the planet....good luck to you and your students.

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
A quick introduction from me. I teach "Spaceflight Operations and Related Sciences" (aka. "SOARS") to online students via a company called "Homeschool Connections". We utilize the Orbiter Spaceflight Simulator to expose the students to a whole host of topics since there's so much realism. Parents also love it because it's "fun learning" instead of space being simplified into a game (with more emphasis on the game than on the space part). While there are no formal "objectives" or "achievements" in Orbiter (that I know of), there's still the satisfaction that comes with launching, aligning with the ISS, and successfully docking! The visual improvements of Orbiter 2016 over 2010 are also something to delight in, even if some of the students have to resort to using Orbiter 2010 because of weaker systems.
I can say from experience, it (Orbiter) works! I found Orbiter in 2016 or '17 it think? A couple years ago, I started creating addons, teaching myself C++ in the process.
I'm going to be starting college next year studying Aerospace Engineering, a field I never even would have thought about if not for Orbiter.
Best of luck to you and thanks for inspiring students to pursue this stuff! (y)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Being a teacher myself (philosophy), I think this is very cool ! Please keep us updated ! :hailprobe: