Hardware JOY2KEY button maps not working in 2010 version?

Owenmck

Read the documentation!
Reaction score
Hi, just got my first joystick and was setting up some buttons using joy2key. It all works fine on orbiter 2016, but none of the buttons work in orbiter 2010. Does anyone know how i could fix this problem? The joystick itself works fine for both versions.
Thanks

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I remember using Joy2Key with Orbiter 2010 a number of years ago, so it used to work (at least for me). Have you tested it in a completely clean Orbiter 2010 installation?

Owenmck

Read the documentation!
Reaction score
I remember using Joy2Key with Orbiter 2010 a number of years ago, so it used to work (at least for me). Have you tested it in a completely clean Orbiter 2010 installation?
Hey Doug, just tried that now, didn't work. Any ideas?
Also, on a completely different note, is the XR3 Phoenix still in development?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Ok, so I managed to get the buttons working. The problem was actually that the program (orbiter) was being run in administrator mode. Super weird.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Does Joy2key work in other applications?
For example Notepad. Assign a few letters to joystick keys, and see if you can type with them in Notepad.

A possible reason may also be if one of the two programs is "Run as administrator". Orbiter and Joy2key should run on the same level, either admin or not.
---
Just saw you solved it!