Joystick Configuration

vittguy

Reaction score
I've done some searching through the old threads and I don't seem to be finding what I want. I've had some success with rotational control but is there a way to toggle between translational and rotatonal control using a joystick button? I'm sure there is but my experimentation hasn't been successful thus far. My configuration on the Project Apollo controls tab is as follows:

RHC/ACA box checked
"If only the RHC/ACA..." box checked
Optional toggle joystick button ID is 2

I don't seem to be toggling between rotation and translation in this configuration, rather it seems to be a strange combination of the two. What I'd really like to do is use the joystick for the RHC and the POV switch as translation fore/aft and left/right with something else for translation in the z-axis. Any ideas? Thanks.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I've done some searching through the old threads and I don't seem to be finding what I want. I've had some success with rotational control but is there a way to toggle between translational and rotatonal control using a joystick button? I'm sure there is but my experimentation hasn't been successful thus far. My configuration on the Project Apollo controls tab is as follows:

RHC/ACA box checked
"If only the RHC/ACA..." box checked
Optional toggle joystick button ID is 2

I don't seem to be toggling between rotation and translation in this configuration, rather it seems to be a strange combination of the two. What I'd really like to do is use the joystick for the RHC and the POV switch as translation fore/aft and left/right with something else for translation in the z-axis. Any ideas? Thanks.
Take a look at the VESIM documentation in one of the NASSP folders (I forget which). You can leave that box unchecked. VESIM (Vessel Specific Input) allows you to define custom joystick axes buttons and keys for exactly what you're trying to do. It level lets you have a different setup for LM and CSM if you want.