Question Joystick mapping?

sardiver

Reaction score
Ran a search and didn't see anything along this line (not that I could post to with the "necroposting" rule being invoked, anyway).

I like using the joystick and slider throttle for space flight, not just atmospheric, but there isn't a native way that I could see to map functions to buttons (translation/rotation toggle, killrot, etc.).

I am curious if there were others who use a particular mapping function that is compatible with Orbiter, or if that would need to be an add-on that might be explored with someone who can code better than I.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Once upon a time you had [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3223"]Fly-By-Wire 0.9.1 beta[/ame].
However, I don't know if this add-on is compatible with Orbiter 2010/2016.

I don't know what stick you have, but I have an X-55 which can be programmed with MadCatz software (and I think almost every Saitek stick can be programmed with this).
You might be able to create a custom profile, to translate joystick commands to keyboard commands. Haven't tried it, but just my :2cents:

sardiver

Reaction score
I should've put that in, but it's a Logitech Extreme 3D.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look. With the Generic Mods Enabler, I'm not too concerned about compatibility these days. LOL