Keyboard turned into panel with switches

sitha241

Reaction score
I had free time and wanted to have some panel with real switches..this is what my friend and I have done after 5 h of work and for 30 €
We have done this just for concept..we plan to build simpit next summer if time and money allows :cheers:

2012-07-25 11.09.02.jpg

2012-07-25 13.04.13.jpg

2012-07-25 13.05.57.jpg

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Excellent, any circuit details available?

N.

smarly

Reaction score
Neat. I have been wanting to do something similar for quite a while now, but never found the time to actually do it. Good job guys!

How do the switches work? If they are switched to "On", do they simulate a "constant key press" or do they just create a spike when switching states?

sitha241

Reaction score
@notebook-I used keyboard's chip and (sry I lack expressions in english) clean board for making electronics..Download some program for testing keyboard and then you must find what combinations are letters you need made of..Then you just weld switches and make a box..

@smarly- Ctrl,Alt,Gear,trim and shift buttons are ON when needed and rest of them are switches that turn them self back after beeing pressed..Trim and Shift are having 3 positions..in middle is off down is pgdown and up pg up same for shift buttons..

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Its what I would call a "rats-nest", no offence!
Just a term for a quick job to see if it might work, then you tidy it up or make a printed-cicuit board. That never happens of course...
I'm guessing you have got a schematic or pin guide for the two manufactured boards, and built an interface on the Vero or strip boards?

Be interested to know how you interface with Orbiter?

N.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Looks awesome. You should consider putting switchguards around the more sensitive switches like "Jettison" or "Undock" ;)

icedown

Reaction score
That's a really good idea! I think I have an old microprocessor dev board laying around somewhere..... An XR panel would definitely be handy.

Last edited: