Klipper

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who can make a Klipper Add-on? I know there is one already, but it's not very realistic (lack of OMS, very powerful retro-engines, no EVA capability).

Any takes?

Cheers

santy86

Reaction score
Sorry, can't help you now.

Actually the russian Kliper is a very nice craft and deserves to be developed but i have to finish INT-21 autopilot and also i have another project in mind.

Maybe i could think about it afterwards (if nobody already did), but i don't know how much will it take to complete the things i am working on.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I had started one, but the developments changed too quickly to keep up.

I also dislike the idea of having to dock to a space-tug for being able to get to a space station.

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The "definitive" version is here http://www.russianspaceweb.com/kliper.html

I like help in the development of this beauty, and i have some ideas for adding it:
-Possibility of changing the docking mechanism (from KURS-male to KURS-Female or to APAS)
-The more-than-obvious UMMU compatibility
-Capacity for changing from the 6-seat model to 4 or 5-seat
-What about deploying a microsat (like CTV's PROBA)

santy86

Reaction score
Hey, I read that the Kliper should be launched using a modified Soyuz launcher. More specifically Soyuz 3 or soyuz 2-3. Does someone know whether those launchers can be operated in the already existing soyuz launch pads, or it will be required to build a new different launch arms and pad?

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Four posibilities...
-Soyuz 2-3
-Soyuz 3
-Angara 3
-Zenit 2

If it was launched by a Soyuz derivated LV , it could be launched for every existent tulip-petal-like pad (Baikonur x 2, Plesetsk x N, Kourou ELS x 1) (do you imagine it taking of from Kuru? Since the anounce of jubilation of shuttle my dream is do this :p)

If it was launched by a Zenit... it could be launched from every corner of the world where is water... just they have to require the services of SL/Odyssey :p