KSC trip and an Atlas V Launch(hopefully)

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
So, I'm here in Titusville, FL for the RBSP Atlas V 401 launch, and a full tour of KSC. Extremely excited to see all this space history and a possible launch, I'll try to update with pictures later.:)

On a related note, the plane trip here from Atlanta, I got randomly asigned to Airtran's one-of-a-kind "Colt 1" 717-200, and a beautiful flight over some thunderstorms.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Believe me when I tell you ... You are in for the time of your life!! Me and my family were lucky enough to catch the JUNO launch last year - totally unforgettable. The KSC tour should be incredible too - do they have a Shuttle on display now? Have an amazing time! Wow - I'd love to fly on a 717! I think a CRJ-900 is as close as I'm going to get on my trip!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Atlantis and Endeavour should be on there and visible! The official display for Atlantis at KSC should be open late this year or early next year though.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh cool - I didn't know there were two there. I'm hoping to see Enterprise in NYC, and also Discovery in Washington.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, Endeavour is due to be shipped to California in Sepember or October this year.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Wait a sec...correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Discovery was going to the Discovery Science Center in LA, and Endeavour was going to D.C. or do I have my shuttles confused?

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Confused, Discovery is currently in DC, and Endeavour is headed to Los Angeles in September or October.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Maybe we can get more reference pics for the Atlas 412? ;)