Kudos for Realism!

Wedge313

Reaction score
Just wanted to compliment the people who were/are involved with putting NASSP together. I'm running the Apollo 11 mission; due to issues my computer has with time acceleration, I thought I'd experiment and skip putting the spacecraft in the PTC roll, to see if that might allow me to use higher time accel amounts. After a few hours, I got a SM RCS caution light. The package temp had exceeded its limit. I went to an external view, and sure enough the quad that was hot was the quad most directly facing the sun. I rolled the craft, and after a while you could see the temp coming down.

I'm just impressed that someone put in all the effort to program that sort of detail. (I won't be skipping any PTCs in the future). Thanks again to all of you for the work putting NASSP together.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The SM RCS quads can also freeze, in which case they don't work anymore. But because there are heaters and because you would have to point a quad away from the Sun for many hours that is quite difficult to get.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
NASSP is always sought for an in-depth and accurate simulation of all Apollo missions. I will try to create Skylab scenarios that will support NASSP 7.0 and NASSP 8.0.