Tutorial Lagrange MFD Tutorial Released!

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
Lagrange MFD Tutorial released!

Here is the website:

Lagrange MFD Official Tutorial

The tutorial works for both Orbiter 2016 and 2010. Please report any technical errors that you have encountered with the tutorial and the scenarios here.

Also, if you have found any better solutions, feel free to discuss and share it here or drop a PM to me.

I would like to thank:

1. Keithth G (Keith Gelling) for his Physics and Maths explanation (especially on the concept of orbital resonance and the SEL3 TransX Earth escape plan tutorial HTML)

2. Enjo (Szymon Ender) for his guidance on using Launch MFD for surface launches from the Moon

3. BrianJ (Brian Jones) for his IMFD surface launch tutorial

4. dgatsoulis (Dimitris Gatsoulis) for his tutorial videos and help

5. blixel (David Courtney) for his Earth to Moon video tutorial (alongside with dgatsoulis)

6. ADSWNJ (Andrew Stokes) for his excellent Lagrange MFD, his advice on using Lagrange MFD, his permission to use the chaotic orbit screenshot in Page 4 of this tutorial and his final review on this tutorial

7. martins (Martin Schweiger) for his wonderful Orbiter Space Flight Simulator

Enjoy!

Note: You are free to distribute this tutorial to anyone, but strictly not for commercial use. Thanks.

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice work Nick. This is an excellent companion to my Lagrange MFD.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It looks very well thought out and polished, and the mathematical explanations are a nice touch.