Laptop Specifications

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a new laptop for my b-day, can you suggest me any laptop that runs fs2004 really smooth, or well, but the one that is not really expensive, I live in the philippines so can someone suggest? and if possible can you put the price in?

Thanks!,
Ian

Reaction score
oh no....it's like throwing a grenade on my pocket, it's too expensive, the equation will be US $ multiplied by 40=the price in the philippines, any other suggestions?

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well we don't know how much you're willing to pay, so it's hard to suggest something.
The one I'm on just now (which, addmitedly my research grant bought ;)) cost $1300 and it's pretty fast.
1.6Ghz Centrino Duo,
GeForce 8xxxM graphics card (can't remember the number)
2Gb RAM.
220Gb hard disk.

It's a toshiba, and as long as you don't mind having a laptop that looks like it's been made by an emotionally crippled emo teenager then you'll love the things. They're pretty cheap compared to a lot of the competition.

Reaction score
i found this 2 lappies are they nice?

Neo elan N2110

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T8100
Processor details 3 MB L2 cache, 2.10 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB
Operating System Windows Vista® Home Premium
Chipset Intel GM965 + ICH8-M
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Display 13.3″ WXGA LCD
Speakers 2 x High Fidelity Internal Speakers (1.5W)
Hard Disk Drive 160 GB SATA
Optical Disc Drive DVDRW SuperMulti Slot-in Type
Wireless Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Card Reader 4-in-1 Card Reader
Webcam 1.3 MegaPixels
Connectivity EEE 1394, Bluetooth®
Battery 6-cell Lithium-ion Battery
Weight 2.1 kg

Dell XPS M1530

his laptop has a sexy-thin design, strong performance and with a media remote control and also a HDMI output. Very nice laptop because of its specs - Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7500
Memory 2GB, 667MHz DDR2
Hard drive 160GB 5,400rpm
Chipset Intel PM965
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Operating System Windows Vista Premium
Dimensions (WDH) 14.1 x 10.3 x 1.2 inches
Screen size (diagonal) 15.4 inches
System weight / Weight with AC adapter 5.9 / 7.0 pounds
its an excellent laptop, has a built in Webcam, built in Fingerprint Reader. Great for keeping your work safeguarded. Does Not get too hot after being on, wireless connection is great. Just the downside the speaker are not that good, have to put on speakers or head phones to get clear sound.

which one rocks?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
If you can, get a dell inspiron 1520.

Get the upgraded cpu (2.2 ghz) and nvidia card...

This is what my computer looks like;

graph_all_7.gif

Reaction score
wait does it mean when there is a core 2 duo then the processor speed is 2.3ghz it means 2.3 x 2? will that be the speed?

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
wait does it mean when there is a core 2 duo then the processor speed is 2.3ghz it means 2.3 x 2? will that be the speed?
Its not that simple, unfortunately. A benchmark is the only real way to tell a machines performance. Look for comparison reviews in a recent magazine, they should include benchmarks. I get APC from time to time and they have pretty good reviews. Don't know if you can get it in the Philippines though.

A note on dual core processors: They are good for multi-tasking or applications that run multiple threads. I don't know if this is the case for FS2004. Orbiter, for example, is single threaded so it will only ever use one core of the CPU.

Also, for gaming, the performance of the graphics chipset is more critical. In the specs you mentioned above, the Dell will eat the Neo because of the better graphics chipset.

Check out Notebookcheck.com.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
It would be my choice of the two. Have you looked at any from Asus?