Bug Legacy gallery

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Where is stuff from users' legacy OF galleries stored? Nothing shows up in the "your media" section (which seems to be where one would store such things with the new software). My sig pic still appears, so it's still stored somewhere, but if I try clicking on it (which would have taken me to it in the gallery on the old forum software), I just get http 500.

This is mostly just idle curiosity: I'm not trying to change anything at the moment, just noticed that images I uploaded back when were still appearing on the site but don't appear to be actually accessible to manage anywhere.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ah, this is a tricky one. The gallery content is stored on disk under the webroot, so we can still serve the images up from there, and the links were preserved when we imported the data across from VB. But the gallery itself is a vbulletin-only thing; the files aren't considered "media" in XF at all, no association appears to have been created for them in the XF system. I'll have a look at what I can do with it - suffice to say we definitely have the files, and we should be able to associate them with the appropriate users based on how the VB gallery stored them, so I would guess that in the worst case I can manually create XF media elements for them under the appropriate user but I'd really rather not do that by hand because there's loads of them.