lem Co2 question

patio

Reaction score
hello

I fly Apollo 11 with an up to date version

at 55h MET , my crew is entering the LEM for 2 hours
I installed the CSM O2 hose by clicking in the apollo MFD
after 2 hours, CO2 has accumulated in the LEM (partial pressure has gone up from 0.3 mmHG to 5 mmHG)
is that normal ?

ProjectApolloMFD says my crew is fine but i see in the code that crew status is not tested againt cabin CO2 partial pressure

later in the flight my crew dies because of CO2 when LM ECS is activated and suit circuit connected

thanks

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
at 55h MET , my crew is entering the LEM for 2 hours
I installed the CSM O2 hose by clicking in the apollo MFD
after 2 hours, CO2 has accumulated in the LEM (partial pressure has gone up from 0.3 mmHG to 5 mmHG)
is that normal ?
The CO2 sensor is in the suit circuit, do you have both the CSM FWD hatch and LM OVHD hatches open? Did you save and reload at all? Saving and reloading right now disconnects the hose.

Also what ECS configuration/crew configuration do you have set up in the CM and LM?

ProjectApolloMFD says my crew is fine but i see in the code that crew status is not tested againt cabin CO2 partial pressure
Yeah 5mmHg is not critical, PAMFD will show critical when it gets up higher.

later in the flight my crew dies because of CO2 when LM ECS is activated and suit circuit connected
This tells me you had something incorrectly set up with the LM/CM ECS. Answering my questions in the first part will help me figure out why this happened to you.

patio

Reaction score
I just tried again the sequence at 55h MET
Both hatches are open , CSM hose is connected
as soon as I put 2 crew in the LM cabin and 1 left in the CSM cabin with projectapolloMFD
partial cabin CO2 pressure goes up (I use the debug line in lemsystems.cpp)

I did not save and reload, just let system running doing nothing

partial CO2 pressure in the LEM cabin is multiplied par 10 or so within one hour

in my scenario file save aftter running for one hour
I see
<PIPE> CSMTOLMO2HOSE 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

is that okay ?

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The debug lines wont really tell the whole story, there are numerous tanks and pipes that spread the CO2, and of course the cabin will increase when crew is in it. The sensor itself and the scrubbing is all in the suit circuit though.

You also didn't tell me what your ECS configuration was. This will hold clues as to why your crew died as I have flown many LM missions and haven't had the crew die from CO2 yet.

Don't use the debug lines to determine the CO2 as its just one tank. Those pointers and computations also get changed a lot so there are NUMEROUS old debug lines in there that amy give you incorrect information. The CSM O2 hose helps mitigate it but we are limited on how the gasses pass from one vehicle to the other. Until the CSM is properly revamped ECS wise, you will see increased CO2 in the LM cabin via debug lines.

patio

Reaction score
ok I just checked an earlier save and I saw that i left incorrectly 2 astronauts in lem cabin for a full sleep !
so I had a lot of CO2 in the cabin prior to ECS activation

so user error, I hope I did not worry you with this false problem

thanks for your answers

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok I just checked an earlier save and I saw that i left incorrectly 2 astronauts in lem cabin for a full sleep !
so I had a lot of CO2 in the cabin prior to ECS activation

so user error, I hope I did not worry you with this false problem

thanks for your answers
Haha! that will do it!

You did have the back room sweating a bit ;)