Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Man, that's gonna be harder to port than Orbiter itself :ROFLMAO:
What are the requirements for these things? To be able to work over a LAN? If not, then a simpler ImGui dialog might be a solution.
I was playing around with python and ncurses and matplotlib, for a work project involving a few gigs of CAN data. I'd probably do something like that.

We will almost certainly continue to support the windows telemetry clients for a long time.

Right now the LM and CSM send out a 1024 byte TCP messages consisting of the raw PCM bytestream, the clients just receive this stream and handle the word and frame sync. It is  very simple from a TCP standpoint, but it works.

What I'm working on right now is a simple Orbiter plugin, that will allow multiple simultaneously connections, without changing the vessels' code at all, and will eventually allow for a very simple network API, so that we can do downlink and uplink through one port, and also get some time and vector data by simply sending a request.

Gondos

Reaction score
I was playing around with python and ncurses and matplotlib, for a work project involving a few gigs of CAN data. I'd probably do something like that.

We will almost certainly continue to support the windows telemetry clients for a long time.

Right now the LM and CSM send out a 1024 byte TCP messages consisting of the raw PCM bytestream, the clients just receive this stream and handle the word and frame sync. It is  very simple from a TCP standpoint, but it works.

What I'm working on right now is a simple Orbiter plugin, that will allow multiple simultaneously connections, without changing the vessels' code at all, and will eventually allow for a very simple network API, so that we can do downlink and uplink through one port, and also get some time and vector data by simply sending a request.
I see, this is "real" telemetry for an emulated ground segment. If people don't want to put a raw network API into the core, maybe an Uplink/Downlink abstraction is more appropriate. It could even adapt to link budget / RTT / occlusions :unsure:

Sword7

Reaction score
The IMFD stuff is obsolete. We could probably remove it at this point.

We have telemetry clients that use the TCP sockets:

Because IMFD's source is not available, I was looking for repo, etc but can't find any sources so far. n72.75 said that IMFD is now obsolete. Would it be possible to develop IMFD replacement for Linux and other platforms? Are telemetry clients IMFD replacement? Does they provide any inteplanetary course and auto burn time?

n72.75

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
No. IMFD is not obsolete. Our use of it in NASSP is. Sorry for the confusion.

Sword7

Reaction score
Good! Can you separate shader files from source files in OGLclient folder and put them in shaders folder like in D3D9client? That is much easier for programmers to access.