Look everywhere VCs

joiz

Reaction score
I don't know if any body knows this, but in the DG VC you can move your view to that of the passengers by pressing control arrow left or right. now what would be awesome would be a huge Vespucci like ship with a control arrow "look everywhere" VC to see the dorms, bathrooms, cafeteria, cockpit and all that on huge ships or just smaller ones too

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why not, the problem is just that you need some time to switch positions with only 4 key combinations - which is a bit two dimensional.

When you want to have more than 10 camera positions, I recommend creating also a simple dialog for short cuts.

My personal favorite for such a project would be one of the Star Fleet Museum vessels. They have REALLY good deck plans about the ships there.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What would be really cool is if you could walk around inside the big vessels.

Yeah. But so far, orbiters API does not make it easy to even mimic human head movements well - we just notice this in the Shuttle Ultra project. The R4 panel gets seen from the eyes of a :eek:rly:

Maybe one of the next versions can limit the view angles better.

spacegeek94

Reaction score
How bout VCAB... (i'm making this up) Virtual Cabin which you can move about the cabin with wasd keys, more like a first person shooter. In this mode you can eat, sleep, conduct experiments etc. And you have to literally go to the airlock to go EVA, or you have togo to the flight deck to control the space craft. Give you something to do on those long trips :) Is that possible? Like hot key CTRL + SHIFT + F8 in VC view? Model the interior of the shuttle, iss, DG, etc. do all that coding, programming, and complicated stuff to make wasd move your astronaut and have proper zero G movement. Hotkey E to perform an action. Example: When you look at something interactable it glows light green, press E and a progress bar comes up showing how far the astronaut is into that operation. sleeping interactions can speed up time, Ex: you want to sleep for a day, choose that option and the simulation fast forwards a day. Have it in multiplayer and hang out in the ISS with a buddy or two! sounds like fun to me!

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I use the MultiView plug in done by Computerex to give me outstanding views of ship interiors. I have used it to get outstanding views for the RTF ships and the config data for them are availible at the RTF Forum.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How bout VCAB... (i'm making this up) Virtual Cabin which you can move about the cabin with wasd keys, more like a first person shooter. In this mode you can eat, sleep, conduct experiments etc. And you have to literally go to the airlock to go EVA, or you have togo to the flight deck to control the space craft. Give you something to do on those long trips :) Is that possible? Like hot key CTRL + SHIFT + F8 in VC view? Model the interior of the shuttle, iss, DG, etc. do all that coding, programming, and complicated stuff to make wasd move your astronaut and have proper zero G movement. Hotkey E to perform an action. Example: When you look at something interactable it glows light green, press E and a progress bar comes up showing how far the astronaut is into that operation. sleeping interactions can speed up time, Ex: you want to sleep for a day, choose that option and the simulation fast forwards a day. Have it in multiplayer and hang out in the ISS with a buddy or two! sounds like fun to me!

I actually have kind of a rpg-engine for Orbiter in mind. Expect it in about... erm... say 20 years? :(